ClubAdventist is back!

35 Years

Gregory Matthews

• Moderators

Thirty-five years ago, my wife and I married in Seoul, South Korea!  Thirty-five  years, with me--wow!    As I was living in South Korea with my oldest son, she immediately became a mother.  Shortly after our marriage, he returned to the United States and my second son  joined us.

The actual marriage ceremony was not the romantic thing that people envision.  We took a taxi to three (3) Different Korean government offices,  In each we answered questions, and officials placed official stamps on our documents.  After the third, we were married, but, not yet done.  We than had to register our marriage with the U.S. Embassy, and obtain a new Passport for her.

In one of the government offices we had a little hitch.  That Korean official wanted to review a copy of my decree of divorce from my previous wife, which I had not expected.  After some discussion he decided that issue was a U.S. matter and he did not have to protect any Koreans from a man with another wife, so he stamped our documents.  NOTE:  The woman I was marrying was a U.S. born citizen.

As part of the pre-marriage preparation,  Sharon had been required to receive a full medical evaluation by military physicians.  She passed and I was given military permission to marry her. 

NOTE:  South Korea does not allow for religious marriages.  So, our marriage was a civil one.  Yes, at a later time we had a religious ceremony.  But, that had no legal standing.

Gregory

Great story!  Congratulations to you and Sharon. My bride and I are going on 36 years.

21 hours ago, Gregory Matthews said:

Thirty-five years ago, my wife and I married in Seoul, South Korea!  Thirty-five  years, with me--wow!

I imagine she's saying the same thing.  She must be a saint to put up with you for that long!:rollingsmile:

• Members

Congratulations Gregory!! May the Lord bless you and the Mrs with many more anniversaries!!

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}