ClubAdventist is back!

Interpreting Biblical Apocalyptic (11): From Exegesis to Application—Futurism

news

The futurist approach to apocalyptic prophecy, particularly to Revelation, sees the fulfillment of most of Revelation being restricted to a short period of time still future to our own day. In its dispensational form, this approach limits most of Revelation to the last seven years of earth’s history, following a secret rapture of Christians. Even […]

The post Interpreting Biblical Apocalyptic (11): From Exegesis to Application—Futurism appeared first on Jon Paulien's Blog.

View the full article

I agree that from Chapter 6 onward, Revelation strictly deals with future events. I am a futurist who believes in a literal y-year Tribulation (the 70th week of Daniel 9: 20 - 27; and the Great Tribulation will happen in the last half (3-1/2 years or 1260 days) of that period.  I am convinced that there will be a rapture (or translation) of the saints, although I don't think it will be at the beginning of the 7 years.  My current understanding is that it will take place immediately prior to the 7 last plagues.

Just my current opinion.