ClubAdventist is back!

What is the new world is like?

whbae

Mrs. White"s book called "Heaven" describes about new world.  I am not sure they are in real sense or figuratively speaking.  For instance, everyone enters heaven is given a golden harp and one carries around the harp on one's hand all the time to  praise the Lord any time.  This sentence means to me a burden, of course, I don't know how it is to carry around a purse in one hand for woman all day long. Then, she also mentioned that there is no birth or marriage.  This means that John and Marry, a married couple here on earth have to live separately if both are saved.  I  thought a new world is a restoration of the OLD EDEN where Adam and Eve were living together as a married couple.  I can understand there is not birth because the new world would be filled with population unlike the old Eden.   I do not believe that anyone has clear cut answers to my questions but,  I am thinking aloud to see if anyone has any kind of opinion.

Won

• Members
1 hour ago, whbae said:

For instance, everyone enters heaven is given a golden harp and one carries around the harp on one's hand all the time to  praise the Lord any time.  This sentence means to me a burden, of course,

Not sure that she means that we will carry it around 24/7?? I'd really have to read the passage to see the content. Could you give me the page that this is on? Thanks!

1 hour ago, whbae said:

Then, she also mentioned that there is no birth or marriage.  This means that John and Marry, a married couple here on earth have to live separately if both are saved. 

I think those that are married will definitely be together. Not sure about those that have remarried what happens to them?? I would imagine those that have remarried will go back to there first spouse?? But am not positive!!

1 hour ago, whbae said:

I do not believe that anyone has clear cut answers to my questions but,  I am thinking aloud to see if anyone has any kind of opinion.

You got that right, not sure anyone really can answer that till we get there.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}