ClubAdventist is back!

Sunday Laws and Bible Prophecy (8): The Mark and the Seal

news

How shall we understand the “mark of the beast” in the context of Revelation 13? The most obvious parallel to the mark is the seal of God. The seal is placed on the foreheads of God’s servants (the 144,000) to protect them from Satan’s destructive efforts when the four winds of the earth are released […]

The post Sunday Laws and Bible Prophecy (8): The Mark and the Seal appeared first on Jon Paulien's Blog.

View the full article

• Moderators

Wow! I use to be on Jon Paulien's list, but looks like my e-mail got off for some reason. I'd like to get back on it. This was really good!

I liked what he pointed out here about the 3 groups: Those who are fully committed to God no matter what. Those who are fully committed against God no matter what. And those who don't have a commitment but goes along with the cultural things against God since it is to their advantage. 

What could be an ancient idea for the mark of the beast was what people did on the birthday of the emperor. Everyone in the city were to show their commitment to Rome and the emperor to pass by the emperor's image and bow in prayer to the emperor when in front of it. 

Jews were excused from this and would instead have prayers said for the emperor. But if you did not pass by his image and bow to it, your neighbors could wonder about your commitment. To deal with this some Jews started going by the emperor's image and "noticing that their sandal needed adjustment" and they would bow not to the image but to fix their sandals. The Rabbis were teaching that this practice is wrong.