ClubAdventist is back!

Patsy Ramsey

Jeannieb43

• Moderators

The mother of Jon-Benet Ramsey, who with her husband became a suspect in the sensational 1996 killing of their 6-year-old daughter, Jon-Benet, has died. She was 49. She had been battling a recurrence of ovarian cancer, and died at her father's home in Roswell, GA. Her husband John was at her side.

The sad thing about this, in my opinion, was that the true culprit was never apprehended during Patsy's lifetime. She had to live with this uncertainty all the rest of her life. Evidently all the evidence pointed to an intruder having done the killing, even though the parents' actions after discovering Jon-Benet's body made them seem suspicious.

Jeannie<br /><br /><br />...Change is inevitable; growth is optional....

• 1 month later...

Someone has now come forth and confessed to the killings. An arrest has been made.

"After such knowledge, what forgiveness?" -- T.S. Eliot

There are some serious questions in the minds of those of us watching and listening to this unfold however, the authorities must have more than a little evidence in hand in order to arrest this man and bring him back to the States. It will be interesting to see how this plays out. I, for one, am not convinced of his guilt, esp in light of his ex-wife's statement. It would seem to me that she would have nothing to gain by saying, "what is he talking about? He was here with us on that Christmas." But who knows if she remembers correctly? It will be interesting like I said. I just hope that they can put this awful crime to rest. I am really sick of it, but still want justice for the child and her family.

Kindness is the oil that takes the friction out of life.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

They didn't solve the crime at all - the suspect wasn't telling the truth, according to the news media.

James Brenneman