ClubAdventist is back!

Major LGBT Group Urges Biden to Strip Accreditation of Christian Schools, Colleges

B/W Photodude

Major LGBT Group Urges Biden to Strip Accreditation of Christian Schools, Colleges

The nation’s largest LGBT advocacy group is urging the future Biden administration to help pull the accreditation of Christian colleges and schools if they don't have a policy prohibiting discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity.

Albert Mohler, president of Southern Baptist Theological Seminary in Louisville, Ky., calls such a recommendation “sinister.” Mohler called it an “open threat to the ability of Christian colleges and schools to operate by Christian conviction.”

“This is an outright attempt to eliminate religious freedom for Christian schools – or for any religious school that refuses to bow to the moral revolutionaries at the Human Rights Campaign,” he said. “... This is an undisguised attempt to shut down any semblance of a Christian college or university that would possess the audacity to operate from a Christian worldview.”

https://www.christianheadlines.com/contributors/michael-foust/major-lgbt-group-urges-biden-to-strip-accreditation-of-christian-schools-colleges.html

>>>Texts in blue type are quotes<<<

And therefore as a stranger give it welcome.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

--Shakespeare from Hamlet

Bill Liversidge Seminars

The Emergent Church and the Invasion of Spiritualism

Just a thought........
Did Jesus discriminate? Or did he pass on his message to all sorts of people and then let them decide for themselves?

• Like 3

• Members
6 hours ago, M. T. Cross said:

Just a thought........
Did Jesus discriminate? Or did he pass on his message to all sorts of people and then let them decide for themselves?

Let them decide what for themselves? I do agree that Jesus didn't discriminate and loved every individual, but he also told them to not sin no more!!

• Like 1

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

On 11/27/2020 at 7:57 AM, phkrause said:

Let them decide what for themselves? I do agree that Jesus didn't discriminate and loved every individual, but he also told them to not sin no more!!

I would propose that he suggested that indeed. But the decision in the end was theirs. I think he was secure enough with his message that even if they chose otherwise he still showed them love and did not send them away. Sort of lead by example.
If these schools are really serious about getting their message out, about teaching young people a way to live their lives, then making them feel like they don't belong, like they are to be cast away for what they are, for how they biologically feel inclined, is certainly not going to do a lot to bring them closer to the message of Christianity. That's the moral and spiritual side of it.

On a more social side of it, the so called "free world" has been fighting for decade after decade to put an end to discrimination. I don't think any institution or group should be exempt from that fight.

• Thanks 2

As I reach perfection, I will give instructions to others on how they can as well.  So far I have not made the headway I would have liked.

I can say this, if a gay man asks me to marry him I would say no.

If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses.

https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist

Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
On 11/28/2020 at 6:34 PM, M. T. Cross said:

I would propose that he suggested that indeed

I do not agree that it was a suggestion!

But the decision in the end was theirs.

Yes it is always our choice in the end!!

I think he was secure enough with his message that even if they chose otherwise he still showed them love and did not send them away. Sort of lead by example.

Absolutely!! No matter what our decision Jesus would never abandon them/us!!

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/27/2020 at 12:57 AM, M. T. Cross said:

Just a thought........

The message He passed on was exclusionary as far as sin was concerned. If we were to apply the proposal made by the advocacy group to the 1st century Christ would have been "muzzled" & that illustrates how discriminatory this proposal is. 

On 11/29/2020 at 1:25 PM, Stan said:

As I reach perfection, I will give instructions to others on how they can as well.  So far I have not made the headway I would have liked.

I can say this, if a gay man asks me to marry him I would say no.

I would not expect you would as you are not a gay man.

On 1/4/2021 at 9:21 AM, Gustave said:

The message He passed on was exclusionary as far as sin was concerned. If we were to apply the proposal made by the advocacy group to the 1st century Christ would have been "muzzled" & that illustrates how discriminatory this proposal is. 

I guess then by that standard we need to decide which discrimination is more damaging, the proposed one or the actual one being perpetuated by the school

3 hours ago, M. T. Cross said:

I guess then by that standard we need to decide which discrimination is more damaging, the proposed one or the actual one being perpetuated by the school

Christ's way, while offensive to sinners grounded and appreciative of their sin was not discriminatory. The countless individuals who suffered and died by way of buggery is real discrimination.