ClubAdventist is back!

Harbinger by Jonathan Cahn

B/W Photodude

Harbinger by Jonathan Cahn

I previously reviewed a book by Cahn by the title of "Paradigm." So, I was interested in reading Harbinger as another of Cahn's books and I wasn't disappointed. Reading Cahn's works has made me re-think just a bit the whole issue of prophecy and seeing into the Word things I have previously not thought of. I have found nothing in Cahn's works so far that makes me wonder if I am reading a false prophet. I say "prophet" carefully as he is not foretelling the future as much as he is drawing parallels to failing kingdoms of the past and the conditions of our current failing kingdom of today.

Cahn wrote this book as a story, but was packed with understandings of a past rebellious nation and our own. He paralleled the fall of Israel at the hand of the Assyrians to our own evolving rebellions against God and the judgements against this nation. The central Bible verse was Isaiah 9:10 and it was amazing how it was used. Apparently, it was often used by US politicians, but to Cahn it is a sign of rebellion against God. So, he covered in the book the 9/11 disaster, the economic crash of 2008, and others.

Of interest was the story of the inauguration of George Washington and St Pauls church near Ground Zero in New York City. I have been to St. Paul's chapel and seen the statue of George Washingyon which is at the site of his inauguration on Wall Street.

A very good read indeed!

>>>Texts in blue type are quotes<<<

And therefore as a stranger give it welcome.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

--Shakespeare from Hamlet

Bill Liversidge Seminars

The Emergent Church and the Invasion of Spiritualism