ClubAdventist is back!

Sunday Laws in Our Future?

news

The following is a rewrite of the conclusion of my paper on the mark of the beast. I have concluded that Sunday laws in our future remain the likely reading of Revelation 13 and certainly that of the Great Controversy. But given what we know about fulfilled prophecies in the Bible, they may well come […]

The post Sunday Laws in Our Future? appeared first on Jon Paulien's Blog.

View the full article

Those who think Sunday Laws will be the end-time Great Controversy are thinking to small about God and too highly about their privileged knowledge of Sabbath.  The Bible is perfectly clear that the end-time controversy will be about faith, loyalty, relationship, and worship; of which the Sabbath is just a small part. Loyal Sabbath keepers who gossip, lie, and/or practice immorality will be subject to judgement just as much or more than Sunday keepers who love God supremely and have an intimate relationship with Him.  I doubt we will have to take a "final" exam in theology before we enter the Kingdom.  God cares much more about our relationship with Him than our worship day.  Where in God's word are we told to designate Sabbath as a worship day?  We are told not to work, or buy/sell on Sabbath; but are told to pray (worship?) continually.