ClubAdventist is back!

Endocrine-Disrupting Chemicals & Homosexuality/Transgender

Humble Disciple

• Members
12 hours ago, Humble Disciple said:

Is it possible that the rise of gay and transgender people we see today has something to do with exposure to endocrine-disrupting chemicals? 

https://www.newsweek.com/female-frogs-estrogen-hermaphrodites-suburban-waste-369553

That link doesn't go anywhere! At least when you click on it, but when I copy and paste it does work!!

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Members

A very interesting article! My problem with what they claiming is this has been around since Bible times, they obviously didn't have the problem of pesticides!!

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

7 minutes ago, phkrause said:

A very interesting article! My problem with what they claiming is this has been around since Bible times, they obviously didn't have the problem of pesticides!!

If the rise of homosexuality and transgenderism has to do with exposure to endocrine-disrupting chemicals, then we should have empathy and compassion for them as physically sick people, rather than simply condemning them as morally deviant. At one time, alcoholism was condemned as a moral failure rather than regarded as a disease. 

• 8 months later...

As Phkrause said earlier in this thread there wasn't pesticides being developed and used - until recently. 

The reason there is so much looting and other criminal behavior taking place today is simply because society now tolerates it significantly more than it did 20 years ago.

The same thing can be said for Trans (woke-ism) - there just isn't the same shame and embarrassment in society these days as there was in the past.  An example of this would be a person who made it through our (American) educational system affirming under oath that a MAN can get menstruate AND GET PREGNANT! 

Abraham Lincoln dealt with the foolish assertions of his day by utilizing a riddle - a veritable sledgehammer of truth;

"IF YOU CALL A DOG'S TAIL A LEG, HOW MANY LEGS DOES IT HAVE?"

Answer: "FOUR, CALLING A TAIL A LEG DOESN'T MAKE IT ONE"

I'm also of the view that there are individuals who were born in a condition called Intersex - these folks (between .02 and .05 of the population) should have unfettered medical access to whatever they feel they need / want with no one giving them problems. The "Johnny the Walrus" types however really need some education. I offer the following for those types:

• 9 months later...

There has been a marked increase in lesbianism and transgenders but not so much in male homosexuality.  I will point out this article is from 2015 and the increase in transgenders seems to have started in 2016.  Both the increase in lesbianism and transgender could be attributed to society.  History shows that society does impact mass human behavior.  Another possibility is that there really isn't an increase.  What we are seeing is simply more people acting out.  That is, previously, there were just as many women experiencing same-sex attraction as there are today but they did not act out on it.  The same with transgender.  The belief is that previously there was just as many experiencing gender dysphoria but did not act out on it.  I am not inclined to believe that but both are speculative.  We don't know why there has been such an increase in cases. 

What we do know is this provides a great opportunity for the church to love these people and demonstrate God's love to them.  Jesus hung out with the marginalized of society and we should be inviting them to our homes and churches.  A fiend of mine recently got back from Israel.  While touring what is believed to be the birthplace of Jesus, the tour guide told them the "inn" that had no room for Mary and Joseph was not like a modern-day hotel.  It was the home of Joseph's family.  The reason there was "no room" for Mary and Joseph in the "inn" may well have been because of Mary's pre-marital pregnancy.  From His birth, our Lord was marginalized.  He came unto His own but they would not have Him.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity