ClubAdventist is back!

The Implications of the Cross (TDTCTW 15)

news

According to the Bible human beings are not simply imperfect creatures that need improvement, we are rebels who must lay down our arms. The only way out of our human condition is to “lay down our arms,” acknowledge that we are on the wrong track and allow God to work whatever changes are needed in […]

The post The Implications of the Cross (TDTCTW 15) appeared first on Jon Paulien's Blog.

View the full article

• 1 year later...
On 9/10/2021 at 2:06 PM, news said:

...The only way out of our human condition is to “lay down our arms,” acknowledge that we are on the wrong track and allow God to work whatever changes are needed in […]

Who, for some inane reason, display, wear, build, ornament and worship the horrific torture implement he was NAILED to and left to chronically die slowly upon after torturously being fed vinegar. 

I wear an Angel round my neck. I detest the Cross. I cannot believe God will condemn me for that feeling.

angel.jpg

• Moderators

No, God is not going to judge you on the basis of your expressed thoughts.

Perhaps. in return, you could be a bit less judgmental of people who differ with you.

You used the word "inane."  Here are some synonyms:

silly · foolish · stupid · fatuous · idiotic · absurd · ridiculous · ludicrous · laughable · risible · imbecilic · moronic · cretinous · unintelligent · witless · asinine · pointless · senseless · frivolous · nonsensical · brainless · mindless · thoughtless · vacuous · vapid · empty-headed · childish · puerile · infantile · jejune

Gregory

• 4 months later...
On 9/13/2022 at 12:48 PM, Neil_Armstrong said:

Who, for some inane reason, display, wear, build, ornament and worship the horrific torture implement he was NAILED to and left to chronically die slowly upon after torturously being fed vinegar. 

I wear an Angel round my neck. I detest the Cross. I cannot believe God will condemn me for that feeling.

I think that wearing something around our neck might not really indicate our spiritual life, or our standing with God. Jesus never once says "let your cross shine" or "let your angel shine." Jesus wisely admonishes to "let your light shine." Isa 53 wisely describes just how repulsive people generally find the cross, yet it was God's opportunity to let the Light of Christ shine. The entire Bible, all of its prophecy is centered around "Christ and Him crucified." (Gal 6;14) All of the Bibles prophecies and doctrines are central to the cross, and can be rightly called HIS Story.

(2 Cor 1:3-4) Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.

Light In The Clouds

In Christ; and through The Spirit; "there is always a little Light..."  (Micah 7:8).