ClubAdventist is back!

Abortion

Gregory Matthews

1 hour ago, Gregory Matthews said:

The following will not be what you expect.  But, it will challenge those who do not expect to be challenged.  

Why Aren’t Fathers Responsible for Illegal Abortions? | Adventist Today (atoday.org)

Fathers have little to say about abortion. Some will try to convince or force a girl friend into an abortion but unless he drags her physically to the abortionist  the unwed mother is ultimately the one. In the increasing event the unwed father wants his child he still has very little to say about the unwed mothers decision.

You know all the arguments for and against abortion. I don’t have to detail those for you. I’ll only say that I find the chosen propaganda names of both sides of this matter deceptive. Pro-lifers aren’t pro all life, only unborn life. They show little interest in living, walking-around children and families. As for “pro-choice,” whether to have a baby is only one choice in a life that lacks choices in employment, healthcare and childcare. Both sides have a long way to go to make their arguments just and fair. 

I have heard Christians caricature abortion so they can be more clearly against it. They speak of it almost as though evil women are getting pregnant just so they can have an abortion. 

I understand that these people want to end abortion. I appreciate their ideals. But that’s dishonest. 

What is dishonest is the above. The tired old lie that no one cares after the child is born. I have never heard or know of anyone that believes EVIL WOMEN are getting pregnant just so they can have an abortion. Health care is readily available for a unwed unemployed mother.  Educational programs for the single mother are available in most states. 

Child care subsidies (also called vouchers and fee assistance): Each state receives funds from the federal government for a state-run child care subsidy program. These programs help low-income families pay for child care so they can work or attend school.

I wonder if the  writing this article has done one tenth as much as many do for the child after it is born or is it just his mouth?

When women have the "right" to say my body, my choice" what role is the father to play?  

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

6 hours ago, bonnie said:

Fathers have little to say about abortion.

Actually, legally, the father has no say. Even if he is married to the mother-don't-wannabe. He cannot stop an abortion. 

One man's extreme response to the killing of his unborn baby:

https://www.menandabortion.net/index.php/2021/05/11/men-and-abortion-an-overview/

I have never heard or know of anyone that believes EVIL WOMEN are getting pregnant just so they can have an abortion.

I have. Some women feel left out of the "abortion club."

Some women abort babies because they are boys:

https://www.bizpacreview.com/2019/08/16/radical-feminists-unapologetically-discuss-aborting-babies-simply-because-theyre-boys-786308/

Some seem to just enjoy having abortions:

https://www.lifenews.com/2015/07/08/woman-ive-had-five-abortions-because-i-love-getting-pregnant-but-dont-want-kids/

One radical feminist said, "men will never know the joy of having an abortion."

There are sick, twisted, & evil people out there.

what role is the father to play?  

Ka-ching ka-ching!

A slogan going around on men's rights pages goes like this, "Don't let that cute little sun dress cost you 18 years of child support!"

image.png

There has been women who targeted successful men in a get pregnant for future child support payments scheme.

>>>Texts in blue type are quotes<<<

And therefore as a stranger give it welcome.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

--Shakespeare from Hamlet

Bill Liversidge Seminars

The Emergent Church and the Invasion of Spiritualism

53 minutes ago, B/W Photodude said:

I have. Some women feel left out of the "abortion club."

Some women abort babies because they are boys:

https://www.bizpacreview.com/2019/08/16/radical-feminists-unapologetically-discuss-aborting-babies-simply-because-theyre-boys-786308/

If I felt abortion was morally right and simply my choice  what would be wrong with selective abortion? If it is only a clump of cells, who cares?

Some seem to just enjoy having abortions:

https://www.lifenews.com/2015/07/08/woman-ive-had-five-abortions-because-i-love-getting-pregnant-but-dont-want-kids/

One radical feminist said, "men will never know the joy of having an abortion."

There are sick, twisted, & evil people out there.

I would think this is on the extreme end of the abortion question.

Ka-ching ka-ching!

A slogan going around on men's rights pages goes like this, "Don't let that cute little sun dress cost you 18 years of child support!"

There has been women who targeted successful men in a get pregnant for future child support payments scheme.

There are many programs for single mothers. I wonder if same is available to young single fathers?. Maybe not allowing them all the luxury they think they deserve but a hand up

Takes two to create a child, but one has the legal right to desThis isn't anything new. I think the author of the article is so off base . If the father cannot legally prevent an abortion , how can he be held accountable? There are so many programs and help available for youngtroy it. The father lacks the ability to force the mother to carry the child. But she has the ability to have him pay for 18- 21 years. The father should support the child ,but then he should also have a say in whether that child lives or dies

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

7 minutes ago, bonnie said:

If I felt abortion was morally right and simply my choice  what would be wrong with selective abortion? If it is only a clump of cells, who cares?

I would think this is on the extreme end of the abortion question.

There are many programs for single mothers. I wonder if same is available to young single fathers?. Maybe not allowing them all the luxury they think they deserve but a hand up

Takes two to create a child, but one has the legal right to desThis isn't anything new. I think the author of the article is so off base . If the father cannot legally prevent an abortion , how can he be held accountable? There are so many programs and help available for youngtroy it. The father lacks the ability to force the mother to carry the child. But she has the ability to have him pay for 18- 21 years. The father should support the child ,but then he should also have a say in whether that child lives or dies

Women are not as stupid or helpless as some men and feminists would like to make them out to be.  Most babies are not a result of rape. Nor is it because the poor defenseless girl didn't know how babies were made or who was going to carry the little one for 9 months. Girls can be and often are very manipulative, especially concerning sex. Doesn't absolve the male in the least but does not place all the blame on him either. He should pay for that child, but so should she. Most of the time she is not a victim anymore than he is.

• Like 2

• 10 months later...
  • Members

EXPLAINER: Abortion returns spotlight to obscure Mich. board

A once obscure Michigan elections panel is back in the spotlight after rejecting a ballot initiative asking voters whether abortion rights should be enshrined in the state’s constitution and another to expand voting in the state.

https://apnews.com/article/2022-midterm-elections-abortion-donald-trump-presidential-michigan-8519a69c31f88bbc03afb91f13e57303

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Members

Michigan election board rejects abortion rights initiative

LANSING, Mich. (AP) — A Michigan elections board on Wednesday rejected an abortion rights initiative after its two Republican board members voted against putting the proposed constitutional amendment on the November ballot.

https://apnews.com/article/abortion-2022-midterm-elections-us-supreme-court-health-michigan-4888105cd9fe270786420c150e18c8b3

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

EXPLAINER: States scramble as US abortion landscape shifts

COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — Almost three months after Roe v. Wade was overturned, the landscape of abortion access is still shifting significantly in some states, sometimes very quickly.

https://apnews.com/article/abortion-us-supreme-court-health-government-and-politics-indiana-a221e9710fe81ff997da93c22a1c0e9a

phkrause

September 23, 2022

Stacy Abrams announces that ‘fetal heartbeats’ are a conspiracy of the patriarchy

It seems as though the only requirement for being a Democrat is the adoption of illogical and twisted beliefs and an impressively low IQ — and Stacy Abram’s latest gaffe shows she’s leading the field of buffoons.

In a panel-like discussion, Abrams said the following:

I don’t think anyone would accuse Abrams of being intelligent, but the chasm of her stupidity is actually quite jarring — and then “fact-checker” Glenn Kessler decided to one-up the Georgia giant.

If there was any doubt that fact-checking “services” weren’t completely absurd propaganda, Kessler erases all doubt, and as an employee of The Washington Post, he “has been editor and chief writer of The Fact Checker since 2011.”

In an effort to lessen the ridicule aimed at Abrams for saying something so stupid, Kessler doubled-down, writing:

FWIW [for what it’s worth], ‘fetal heartbeat’ is a misnomer. The ultrasound picks up electrical activity generated by an embryo. The so-called ‘heartbeat’ sound you hear is created by the ultrasound [emphasis added].

Actually though, “fetal heartbeat” is not a misnomer. A heartbeat is “one complete pulsation” of the heart, and the sound is not “created” or “manufactured” as these dimwit Democrats spout, rather it is recorded by an ultrasound (or any other detection device) machine.

But wait! The people in the Twitterverse said it doesn’t count as a heartbeat because the child’s heart isn’t “fully-formed”!

Provided by a prominent radiologist was the image below, proving that claim was also misinformation:

Then, LifeNews shared a beautiful video recording of a child’s heart beating at just 22 days post conception:

So much for being the party of science.

Medical textbook images and undoctored video definitively prove that embryos do in fact have functioning and beating hearts, but that’s still not enough to convince Democrats — it’s all about identity politics.

Except when it comes to real identity politics, like the overt and intentional destruction in the Black American community because of real racial prejudice.

According to retired Vanderbilt professor, Dr. Carole Swain, Lyndon Johnson purportedly said, “I’ll have them n*****s voting Democrat for 200 years” and then promptly announced the “war on poverty” — and in 1939, Margaret Sanger wrote a letter to Dr. Clarence Gamble which notoriously said:

The ministers [sic] work is also important and also he should be trained, perhaps by the Federation as to our ideals and the goal that we hope to reach. We do not want word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population and the minister is the an who can straighten out that idea if it ever occurs to any of their more rebellious members.

Evidently, the only explanation for the rhythmic heartbeat sound on the machine is a vast conspiracy between the medical community to deceive women into protecting their unborn and choosing life so in turn, men can rule like misogynist despots. Sounds about right for a Democrat talking point….

15 hours ago, bonnie said:

It seems as though the only requirement for being a Democrat is the adoption of illogical and twisted beliefs and an impressively low IQ

As Ron White would say, "You can't fix stupid. Stupid is forever!"

>>>Texts in blue type are quotes<<<

And therefore as a stranger give it welcome.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

--Shakespeare from Hamlet

Bill Liversidge Seminars

The Emergent Church and the Invasion of Spiritualism

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Kentucky, Michigan voters approve protecting abortion rights

WASHINGTON (AP) — Voters in reliably red Kentucky rejected a ballot measure aimed at denying any state constitutional protections for abortion while voters in battleground Michigan enshrined abortion rights in their state’s constitution — joining Democratic California and Vermont in taking that step.

https://apnews.com/article/2022-midterm-elections-abortion-8779f3ee57d4d20d54861a5ed6ba72ff?

phkrause

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Abortion rights groups look to next fights after 2022 wins

CHICAGO (AP) — Emboldened by the results of November’s midterms, abortion rights supporters say they are preparing for even bigger fights in state legislatures and pivotal elections to come, including 2024 races for Congress and president.

https://apnews.com/article/abortion-voting-rights-us-supreme-court-congress-0f64d8fc75981c9e634ae3ac5ac9930e?

phkrause

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Anti-abortion priest Pavone defrocked for blasphemous posts

VATICAN CITY (AP) — The Vatican has defrocked an anti-abortion U.S. priest, Frank Pavone, for what it said were “blasphemous communications on social media” as well as “persistent disobedience” of his bishop who repeatedly told him to stop his partisan activism for Donald Trump.

https://apnews.com/article/religion-vatican-city-3f74a581ccce5830dca18d4f3fa95921?

phkrause

• 1 month later...
  • Members

US divided over Roe’s repeal as abortion foes gird for march

Anti-abortion activists will have multiple reasons to celebrate — and some reasons for unease — when they gather Friday in Washington for the annual March for Life.

https://apnews.com/article/march-for-life-abortion-roe-anniversary-0a7e6ef93091d16307ca935e0ae1d2bd?

phkrause

• Members

Religious leaders sue to block Missouri’s abortion ban

ST. LOUIS (AP) — A group of religious leaders who support abortion rights filed a lawsuit Thursday challenging Missouri’s abortion ban, saying lawmakers openly invoked their religious beliefs while drafting the measure and thereby imposed those beliefs on others who don’t share them.

https://apnews.com/article/abortion-politics-health-missouri-state-government-legal-proceedings-05d21a1234877ffcd358ad74bebe4472

phkrause

• Members

Indiana’s top court weighing challenge to state abortion ban

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — A top state lawyer on Thursday urged the Indiana Supreme Court to uphold the state’s Republican-backed abortion ban, even as the justices weighed whether they should decide its constitutionality before lower courts have fully considered the case.

https://apnews.com/article/abortion-politics-health-indiana-state-government-ed6df5505f1f805284cb92b0ba241ce3

phkrause

• Members

Supreme Court has failed to find leaker of abortion opinion

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Supreme Court said Thursday an eight-month investigation that included more than 120 interviews and revealed shortcomings in how sensitive documents are secured has failed to find who leaked a draft of the court’s opinion overturning abortion rights.

https://apnews.com/article/supreme-court-abortion-ruling-leak-investigation-59a40974e39a67c2ab859ba0c21c785e?

phkrause

• Members

Police investigate Illinois Planned Parenthood fire as arson

CHICAGO (AP) — A fire at a central Illinois Planned Parenthood clinic is being investigated as arson, Peoria police said Tuesday, just days after the state enacted sweeping abortion protections.

https://apnews.com/article/abortion-us-supreme-court-planned-parenthood-illinois-peoria-fddb8bb3719126c35e5396a140904545

phkrause

• Members

5 rabbis sue state of Missouri over abortion bans on religious freedom grounds

Five rabbis from multiple Jewish denominations are among more than a dozen Missouri faith leaders challenging the state’s ban on abortion.

https://www.jta.org/2023/01/20/united-states/5-rabbis-sue-state-of-missouri-over-abortion-bans-on-religious-freedom-grounds?

phkrause

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

US states take control of abortion debate with funding focus

LAWRENCE, Kan. (AP) — Though the Insight Women’s Center sits at the epicenter of a reinvigorated battle in the nation’s culture wars, the only hint of its faith-based mission to dissuade people from getting abortions is the jazzy, piano rendition of “Jesus Loves Me” playing in a waiting room.

https://apnews.com/article/abortion-politics-united-states-government-kansas-health-c0c8a6cbe211ca4970e3a38b3aa7faf9

phkrause

• Members

Federal judge suggests abortion may still be federally protected by 13th Amendment

When the Supreme Court overturned the landmark Roe v. Wade ruling in 2022, abortion was no longer federally protected. Instead, abortion rights became a state-by-state decision. Anticipating the fall of Roe v. Wade, conservatives across the country quickly passed trigger laws that immediately went into effect following the Supreme Court’s decision, and other reproductive rights are being targeted by GOP officials daily.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2023/2/7/2151625/-Federal-judge-suggests-abortion-may-still-be-federally-protected-by-13th-Amendment?

phkrause

• Members

Bill raising abortion to homicide draws Republican pushback

FRANKFORT, Ky. (AP) — Newly filed legislation allowing illegal abortions to be prosecuted as homicides drew a quick pushback Wednesday from the state’s anti-abortion attorney general, who warned it would wrongly subject Kentucky women to charges for terminating pregnancies.

https://apnews.com/article/abortion-us-supreme-court-politics-kentucky-health-523fbca373510135e5787a34fdd67f26

phkrause

• Members

Debate on abortion access turns to Wisconsin high court race

MADISON, Wis. (AP) — National groups on both sides of the abortion fight on Wednesday pledged significant spending in the race for a pivotal seat on the Wisconsin Supreme Court, tossing the perennial battleground state into the spotlight of the searing debate over abortion access.

https://apnews.com/article/abortion-biden-politics-wisconsin-state-government-2f7181886af566e3c51613389df462e0

phkrause

• Members

Bill seeks to add rape, incest exceptions to Ky abortion ban

FRANKFORT, Ky. (AP) — Kentucky’s near-total abortion ban would be relaxed to allow exceptions for pregnancies caused by rape or incest under a bill introduced Wednesday by a prominent lawmaker, who stopped short of predicting how his Republican colleagues will react to his proposal.

https://apnews.com/article/abortion-kentucky-state-government-6e4b138d3d71d854fc4e08e48ab564b3

phkrause