ClubAdventist is back!

Vaccine Facts

Gregory Matthews

• Members

Excellent, excellent article!!

"We also need to consider what my vaccination could mean for someone else. Let’s suppose that all the older people get vaccinated, and all those with other health risks get vaccinated. The trouble is that at least 6 percent of the people who get the vaccine won’t actually generate a satisfactory immune response. This is even more likely in older people and those on immune-suppression medications necessary to treat a number of health conditions, including cancer, rheumatoid arthritis, Crohn’s disease, lupus, multiple sclerosis, myasthenia gravis, and polymyositis—just to name a few. In fact, a recent study suggests that 77 percent of multiple sclerosis patients who take one of the common immune treatments and 96 percent who take another common immune treatment developed no measurable response to the vaccine.17 So now, these older people or the immune suppressed have done everything they can to protect themselves—but many of them are still vulnerable (and they may not know it). So if I decide not to be vaccinated and then catch COVID, I can transmit the disease to one of these friends, grandparents, or patients of mine. And then they can come down with severe or fatal COVID, even though they’ve been very vigilant. We shouldn’t make them live in solitary confinement forever!"

This is exactly what happen to General Colin Powell!!

• Thanks 1

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

Just a curious question.  For whatever reason many are refusing to be vaccinated. Is our denomination telling members be vaccinated  regardless of their firmly held principals or they will be guilty of killing grandma and grandpa?  Is this only true for covid or when the government demands you take a medication for ???

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/22/2021 at 9:19 PM, bonnie said:

Just a curious question.  For whatever reason many are refusing to be vaccinated. Is our denomination telling members be vaccinated  regardless of their firmly held principals or they will be guilty of killing grandma and grandpa?  Is this only true for covid or when the government demands you take a medication for ???

This one Adventist Doctor giving his view. Why can't you accept the story as it was written. Did it say General Conference or Ted Wilson? No it did not! This doctor was sincere and provided logic information. He did not ask people to do anything but to hear his point of view. That is all. You do not have to agree, but it would seem that you would once get self out of the way!

Nor are you required to agree with me and are under absolutely no obligation to respond. But once again you really don't show any understanding of what was said. Injecting your own comments again and then responding to that.

I didn't mention the General Conference or Ted Wilson, however this is published in a Adventist publication as FACT by an Adventist Physician . 

In case you don't understand presenting fact is different than offering an opinion. 

An Adventist physician sorts fact from fiction.

In case you don't understand . I simply asked a couple of questions. Had this article been offered as someone's opinion I would not have said anything. However the topic begins with,,,,  is  important as it  deals with facts related to the COVID-19 vaccine. The Adventist physician is made to sound as if he is in possession of the facts needed for covid.  Nor have I stated at anytime that everyone should be refusing the vaccine. But as it has been fairly obvious that even the CDC and the revered Dr Fauci are a little short on facts I don't feel obligated to blindly accept an Adventist physician stating his facts. Nor do I think it is wise not to question something that could have severe consequences in years to come for my children and grandchildren. You do as you please and blindly accept the word of any you consider qualified to promise you , What you want to hear. You just don't have the right to require others do the same

Why are the most heavily vaccinated states experiencing the heaviest surge of Covid?

The difference between fact and opinion,,, is  important as it  deals with facts related to the COVID-19 vaccine. The Adventist physician is made to sound as if he is in possession of the facts needed for covid

• Meaning. Fact is a piece of information that can be proved with concrete evidence. Opinion is a view or judgment about something.
  • Evidence. Facts can be proved or verified with evidence. Opinions cannot be proved by evidence.
  • Objectivity. Fact is objective. Opinion is subjective and personal.
  • Change. Fact does not change often. ...

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Stinsonmarri,

There is nothing wrong with the article or an opinion by a Dr. It is your objection to questions being asked . Or someone trying to make others feel guilty about neighbors because of a decision another has made concerning the health of themselves or their families. I do not believe one single person that would tell me they had severe reservations about taking the vaccine but did so because of their neighbor.

As for the Adventist physician  and what he considers facts, I know of a couple of physicians that have the guts to publically disagree with some facts as presented. So whether you like it or not or whether you approve, where the health of my family is concerned I am going to continue to question the experts. Especially when they have been so provable wrong the last couple of years

• Members

The article is a few weeks old, but interesting none the less

COVID-19′s global death toll tops 5 million in under 2 years

The global death toll from COVID-19 topped 5 million on Monday, less than two years into a crisis that has not only devastated poor countries but also humbled wealthy ones with first-rate health care systems.

https://apnews.com/article/coronavirus-pandemic-africa-health-pandemics-infectious-diseases-838421260675827b7e735729b90ff95f?

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• 2 months later...
  • Members

Coronavirus Coverage from National Geographic

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/science/topic/coronavirus-coverage

There are some interesting articles you can read. Also am not sure if you have to be a member to read these? I'm not and have been able to read the ones I've clicked on, but you never know!! Anyway give it a try and see what happens, if by change you can't read them unless you have to sign up. I'll see what I can do to post the articles!!

phkrause

• 6 months later...
  • Members

Came across this article today and thought I'd share:

What Does the Bible Say about Vaccines?

Healthcare professionals often recommend vaccines as a valuable tool to help prevent contagious diseases from harming us and others in our communities. But the topic of vaccinations can be controversial, as the Covid-19 pandemic shows. Some say that vaccines are too important to skip, while others say they’re not necessary. What does the Bible say about vaccines? Learning the biblical wisdom we can apply to this vital topic can help us make the best decisions about vaccines.

https://www.crosswalk.com/faith/bible-study/what-does-the-bible-say-about-vaccines.html?

phkrause