ClubAdventist is back!

We don't talk about damage certain groups do

Stan

Not a reply to anyone in particular, just adding my $0.02 worth...

I referred one of my patients to Jesuit Social Services last week. He is an ex-prisoner who is finding it impossible to find work, and they run an employment scheme for former prisoners.

They also have a really good outreach service to homeless people and asylum seekers.

In today's newspaper there is an excellent article entitled "More to Christmas than family first", encouraging us to think of those outside our immediate family circle during the holiday season. It is written by a local Jesuit priest, Fr. Andrew Hamilton SJ.

Jesuit infiltration of the Adventist church? If these are the kinds of fruit we can look forward to seeing, bring it on.

aldona

www.asrc.org.au

(Asylum Seeker Resource Centre, Melbourne)

Helping over 2000 refugees & asylum seekers each month

IMSLP/Petrucci Music Library

The Public Domain Music Score Library - Free Sheet Music Downloads

Looking for classical sheet music? Try IMSLP first!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• John317

• D. Allan

• Robert

• GodsOath

I think people are more worried about the Jesuit doctrine. Good people are good people & I have no problem with that - I don't think anyone does. It's not a personality/good charitable thing, it's doctrine related - I think that's the point.

Most denominations have groups that help people that are down & out. I respect that. Don't get me started on how our church won't allow homeless people to come in for a sit down meal!

All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Gina said:

Quote:
Good people are good people & I have no problem with that - I don't think anyone does. It's not a personality/good charitable thing, it's doctrine related - I think that's the point.

Thank you - my sentiments exactly.

Now, what was it that Jesus said about judging by fruits? About how a good tree cannot produce bad fruit, and vice versa?

And on the Day of Judgement, who was commended? Those who had the correct doctrine? Or those who fed the hungry, clothed the naked, visited those who were sick and in prison? On that day I hope that I stand on the same side as some of the Jesuits I mentioned in my previous post.

aldona

www.asrc.org.au

(Asylum Seeker Resource Centre, Melbourne)

Helping over 2000 refugees & asylum seekers each month

IMSLP/Petrucci Music Library

The Public Domain Music Score Library - Free Sheet Music Downloads

Looking for classical sheet music? Try IMSLP first!

• Moderators

Not a reply to anyone in particular, just adding my $0.02 worth...

I referred one of my patients to Jesuit Social Services last week. He is an ex-prisoner who is finding it impossible to find work, and they run an employment scheme for former prisoners.

They also have a really good outreach service to homeless people and asylum seekers.

In today's newspaper there is an excellent article entitled "More to Christmas than family first", encouraging us to think of those outside our immediate family circle during the holiday season. It is written by a local Jesuit priest, Fr. Andrew Hamilton SJ.

Jesuit infiltration of the Adventist church? If these are the kinds of fruit we can look forward to seeing, bring it on.

aldona

Of course they do many good works. Buddhists and Hindus and Muslims also do many good works. In fact, atheists do many good works.

But the issue is not who does good works. Good works can be done from many different motives, including selfish ones. Only God knows whose good works are the result of Christ being in the life or in the religious organization.

Revelation 12:17; 19:10 and 14:12 say the test is whether the church "keeps the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus," and "have the testimony of Jesus Christ," which is "the spirit of prophecy." So the test consists of three marks of identification: (1) it will keep the commandments of God (including the Sabbath commandment); (2) it will keep the faith of Jesus, not human traditions; and 3) it will have the prophetic gift. Despite all the good works that Jesuits have done and do today, neither they nor the Catholic Church have any of the above 3 identifying marks. Also important to note for the subject under discussion here is that history shows that the Jesuits have infiltrated various organizations in attempts to influence them in favor of the Catholic church and the papacy. If you study the history of the Jesuits, you will see that the organization has it origins at the time of the Counter-Reformation and was brought into existence for the express purpose of counteracting the effects of the Reformation in view of the losses suffered by the Catholic Church in Europe at that time. "The official name of the order, founded by Saint Ignatius Loyola in 1534, is the Society of Jesus (SJ)." Notice this was about 15 years after the beginning of the Reformation. It teaches people false doctrines, such as that it is necessary to go to Mass and keep Sunday, etc. It teaches people, moreover, not to look to the Heavenly Sanctuary and Christ as Our High Priest but to look to the earthly, Catholic priesthood for instruction in doctrine.

Please read Great Controversy, pp. 234, 235, 565, 566, 580, 581, 571, 572. I'd like to hear your views about what is written there.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.