ClubAdventist is back!

Our fear of last day events...

Stan

it is not always safe to ask for unconditional healing. . . . He knows whether or not those for whom petitions are offered would be able to endure the trial and test that would come upon them if they lived. He knows the end from the beginning.

Many will be laid away to sleep before the fiery ordeal of the time of trouble shall come upon our world.--CH 375 (1897). {LDE 255.2}

The Lord has often instructed me that many little ones are to be laid away before the time of trouble. We shall see our children again. We shall meet them and know them in the heavenly courts.--2SM 259 (1899). {LDE 255.3}

Sunday, a child of the Papacy, has taken the place of God's holy Sabbath. As Nebuchadnezzar made a golden image, and set it up to be worshiped by all, so Sunday is placed before the people to be regarded as sacred. This day bears not a vestige of sanctity, yet it is held up to be honored by all. {RH, April 27, 1911 par. 6}

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LifeHiscost

• Gail

• JoeMo

• Dr. Shane

I must confess no real fear of what the the world could do to me. I must also confess that while I don't want to see my loved ones suffer due to my decision to follow God, I also know that seeing me stand firm, no matter what, may be the very thing they need to see to maintain confidence in God themselves.

To the point of being no real place to hide...

...I would not want to be in the cities at that time, as everyone will be on the lookout for whoever may be "different". I have a feeling there will be much false accusation among the wicked in the attempt to get to the Remnant. Perhaps deep underground, in abandoned tunnels, there may be refuge, but not near/above ground.

Deep underground would put people away from technology. They would still have to rely on God for food and water.

Above ground in the wilderness exposes people to the vaunted technology of our day. Satellite thermal imaging is thought to be foil-proof, but have people taken into account God can put His hand over that technology so His people are not seen?

Winter exposure...cannot God provide opportune refuge of caves and forest enclosures to shelter is loyal ones?

Being able to grow our own food will do us no good - the Remnant will moving from place to place, both to finish the Gospel work (before the decree) and avoid those hunting them (after the decree). It will come down to being taken care of as Elijah was in the days he was hunted by Israel.

He was sheltered in the mountains near a brook, and fed by unclean birds carrying bread to him. Perhaps some of the king's men were astute enough to investigate the sheltering vegetation near the brook or discern the ravens flying to and from there, yet Elijah was never captured. God hid him.

So will it be in the last days. God will take care of those He sees will endure to the end. Yes, many will seal their faith by loss of everything they have and their lives - true martyrdom in the fullest sense.

I suspect this is what drives many to fear the last events - not really for themselves, but of those they care about the most. Yet, those will be days where indeed it will be much easier to die for Christ than it will be to live for Him.

However, the day is coming, whether we want it to or not, whether we are ready for it or not. However, should this happen in our lifetimes - the dawn is just around the corner. I'll take the short-term suffering, as I will be opening my eyes to see Jesus in the next moment, should it come to that.

Just my $0.02...

Blessings,

"As iron sharpens iron, so also does one man sharpen another" - Proverbs 27:17

"The offense of the cross is that the cross is a confession of human frailty and sin and of inability to do any good thing. To take the cross of Christ means to depend solely on Him for everything, and this is the abasement of all human pride. Men love to fancy themselves independent. But let the cross be preached, let it be made known that in man dwells no good thing and that all must be received as a gift, and straightway someone is offended." Ellet J. Waggoner, The Glad Tidings

"Courage is being scared to death - and saddling up anyway" - John Wayne

"The person who pays an ounce of principle for a pound of popularity gets badly cheated" - Ronald Reagan

Well put Ted Oplinger. Worth more than $0.02

Sunday, a child of the Papacy, has taken the place of God's holy Sabbath. As Nebuchadnezzar made a golden image, and set it up to be worshiped by all, so Sunday is placed before the people to be regarded as sacred. This day bears not a vestige of sanctity, yet it is held up to be honored by all. {RH, April 27, 1911 par. 6}

• Members
:like:

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• 3 weeks later...

What is too fear???

It is often the case that some events are worse in anticipation than in reality. That is not the case with the end time events relative to the plagues.

EW 71 "Oh how many I saw without a shelter" speaking of SDAs who imagined that the time of the Latter Rain would fit them to stand after the close of probation instead of getting ready now.

in Christ,

Bob

John 8:32 - The Truth will make you free

“The righteousness of Christ will not cover one cherished sin." COL 316.

What is too fear???

From all I have read, the greatest fear will be among those who hold high church office, followed by lower officials & ministers, as well as all those connected with the truth. (Judgment begins at the house of God, woe to the lawyers, etc.)

But there won't be much fear before final events are upon us, complacent and feasting until then, preaching smooth things.

Since that time is nigh, fear will be mounting soon - resulting in either repentance & reform, or outward persecution.

Option 1: ("Men and brethren, what shall we do?" - Acts 2:37)

Option 2: ("they were cut to the heart, and took counsel to slay them" - Acts 5:33)

Quote:
He said it would be harder for them to find you today if you were hiding out in one of the largest cities.

What should we then make of the SoP advice to move to the smaller cities (towns) prepatory to moving to the country. As well as the admonition that there would come a time when it would be impossible to leave the large cities.

As regards the 1st comment in quotes, when it is so dangerous in this world that Sabbath keepers would be hunted down, the demeanor of the well-meaning Christians would be so immediately

obvious as different than the hunted, suspicions would be confirmed by the behavior, not unlike those motivated through selfishness witnessed anywhere.

God cares! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

Quote:
I also don't see how many will be able to survive in the mountains or wilderness as vegetarians

I'm sure many had the same anxieties when being delivered from pharoah of Eygypt. Each time the Israelites were brought to desperation, God knew how and what to feed them, as well as to supply them with warmth at night and cooling in the day, not to mention constant water supplies.

God cares! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

Quote:
or is this one of the times that we think that EGW was just expressing 'her own opinion'?
giggle

Now is the time to set one's mind on whether we believe God is faithful to His Word and able to provide under all circumstances, whether or not we know how.

"All who are victorious will inherit all these blessings, and I will be their God, and they will be my children.

“But cowards, unbelievers, the corrupt, murderers, the immoral, those who practice witchcraft, idol worshipers, and all liars—their fate is in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.”

God cares! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

announceannounceannounce

Would that we all could give powerful enough testimony to enable the unbelievers the ability to see that reality before the time is past.

God cares! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

Quote:
Remember the Amish schoolhouse shooting a while back? Some of those little girls bravely offered to give their own lives so that the smaller children would be spared.

Now we have the Connecticut incident, the Aurora, Colorado experience, and how many more? The time is even closer than when we first believed.

God cares! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

IMO, part of the problem with communicating end-time events is HOW they are communicated rather than WHAT is communicated. I have heard so many sermons about hor scary end-time events will be; and how so many of us will perish slowly and painfully either by persecution (because we are perfect) or burning in the lake of fire (because we aren't perfect.

God's prophecies about end-time events are not meant as curses or warnings; they are a download of the enemy's plans. Because God has communicated the enemy's plans to us; and what our response should be, when we see the things prophesied come to pass, we will not be caught unaware. We will instead remember the Lord's teaching; and be amazed, emboldened, and encouraged in knowing God was right and knowing what our response should be to these events. It's like a first-class spy coming back from behind enemy lines telling us the enemy's plans; and giving us instructions on how to foil those plans. I thank God for knowlwdge of end-time events; so that I have some idea of how to plan for and positively respond to those events

Good comments JoeMo

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

Originally Posted By: Stan
What is too fear???

From all I have read, the greatest fear will be among those who hold high church office, followed by lower officials & ministers, as well as all those connected with the truth. (Judgment begins at the house of God, woe to the lawyers, etc.)

But there won't be much fear before final events are upon us, complacent and feasting until then, preaching smooth things.

Since that time is nigh, fear will be mounting soon - resulting in either repentance & reform, or outward persecution.

Option 1: ("Men and brethren, what shall we do?" - Acts 2:37)

Option 2: ("they were cut to the heart, and took counsel to slay them" - Acts 5:33)

It is indeed sobering to see just how clearly the Bible warns us of the dangers that we face at the end of time.

As in the days of Noah -- "details matter".

in Christ,

Bob

John 8:32 - The Truth will make you free

“The righteousness of Christ will not cover one cherished sin." COL 316.

• Members

IMO, part of the problem with communicating end-time events is HOW they are communicated rather than WHAT is communicated. I have heard so many sermons about hor scary end-time events will be; and how so many of us will perish slowly and painfully either by persecution (because we are perfect) or burning in the lake of fire (because we aren't perfect.

God's prophecies about end-time events are not meant as curses or warnings; they are a download of the enemy's plans. Because God has communicated the enemy's plans to us; and what our response should be, when we see the things prophesied come to pass, we will not be caught unaware. We will instead remember the Lord's teaching; and be amazed, emboldened, and encouraged in knowing God was right and knowing what our response should be to these events. It's like a first-class spy coming back from behind enemy lines telling us the enemy's plans; and giving us instructions on how to foil those plans. I thank God for knowlwdge of end-time events; so that I have some idea of how to plan for and positively respond to those events

Great post JoeMo, I'm in agreement, not with every word, but with the overall thought. There really should be no fear whatsoever.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

Quote:
It's like a first-class spy coming back from behind enemy lines telling us the enemy's plans; and giving us instructions on how to foil those plans. I thank God for knowlwdge of end-time events; so that I have some idea of how to plan for and positively respond to those events

And especially how I need to react to those who seem totally oblivious of Divine intervention for the good of mankind.

"Meanwhile, Zacchaeus stood before the Lord and said, “I will give half my wealth to the poor, Lord, and if I have cheated people on their taxes, I will give them back four times as much!”

Jesus responded, “Salvation has come to this home today, for this man has shown himself to be a true son of Abraham. For the Son of Man came to seek and save those who are lost.”"Luke 19:8-10 NLT

God cares! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

hmm

it is 5 in the morning (so forgive me if i don't give bible quotes) as i need to go back to bed and i want to run through this quickly..

i question teaching children about the end times, it depends on how evolved their christian walk is.

even the bible teaches there is a difference between Milk and Meat (you must crawl before you can walk).

i think (but i am not sure) that the bible says "not to pray for the end times to come, because you don't know what you are praying for", if the bible does say that - it is going to be a lot worse than what we think in revelations.

Yes, if we are right with God, and we stay right with God,,, He will look after us (if Satan can, he will even try to deceive the elect).

My questions (because i am going through this myself) How right am i with God, am i strong enough that i will not be deceived, do i have the dedication and the faith to rely on God - even though it may take a duration of time.

I honestly don't know if i want to be asleep for the last days or not, but i do know that many people who think they are saved - are actually not.

The questions are not necessarily bad - because it promotes self analysis and a desire to draw closer to God.

Thanks for listening to my 5am ramblings :D

Hi Crysalis,

Welcome to CA! I liked your post - I appreciate your transparency and honesty. I wanted to try to address your comment below:

Quote:
My questions (because i am going through this myself) How right am i with God, am i strong enough that i will not be deceived, do i have the dedication and the faith to rely on God - even though it may take a duration of time.

Are you worried about "pleasing" God? To use a rather trite phrase, "that's a slippery slope, my friend!" If we truly love Him, can we ever be confident that we are "good enough", or "strong enough"? My personal experience is "no, we can't". Many people believe that when they hear that voice in their head (or from the pulpit) saying "you're not good enough, do more, do more!" that it is the voice of the Holy Spirit urging them on to character perfection. If that voice leading you to victory after victory and breakthrough after breakthrough, I will not deny that it is God's voice. But if that voice is leading you to discouragement, guilt, hopelessness,fear, and condemnation, I would think about who it is that is really talking to your spirit. God always loves, encourages, and builds up - Jesus is all about empowering us for victory:

Quote:
Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen. (Jude 1:24)

satan is the accuser - the one who surrounds us and buries us in feelings of unworthiness and self-condemnation. When Rev. 12:10 says:

Quote:
for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

John is not just saying he accuses us before God; satan is also accusing us to discourage us. 24/7 he is at it, trying to drag us down.

Much of the time, the "noise from the physical world drowns him out (as it drowns out God's still small voice); but in those quiet hours of rest and in the middle of the night when we can't sleep, who's voice to we listen to - the one quietly saying "I love you; you are MY beloved child! Come be with me forever! Come - sit on my lap; drink from my cup. Close you're eyes and lay back against My chest; feel my heart beat... It beats out of love for you."

Or do we listen to the loud, disturbing voice of satan screaming over God's still small voice, YOU'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH! LOOK WHAT YOU DID TODAY! LOOK AT WHAT YOU DIDN'T DO TODAY! HOW COULD A PERFECT GOD LOVE A PIECE OF EVIL GARBAGE LIKE YOU? YOU'LL NEVER BE GOOD ENOUGH. EITHER STRAIGHTEN UP AND FLY RIGHT (PERFECTLY)OR GIVE UP! IF YOU'RE NOT PERFECT, YOUR GONNA BURN, SO LIVE YOUR LIFE THE WAY YOU WANT TO SINCE YOU'RE GONNA BURN ANYWAYS!

Which voice do you listen to - the one that encourages you to trust Him and meet Him in heaven; or the one that tells you that you are not worthy to be called God's child? God decides who is worthy - not you or me. To which voice will you listen? The choice is yours.

• Administrators

Is not the keyword, "faithfulness"?

On God's side:

What will get us through is God's faithfulness. He will honour His promises, He will be faithful in covering us with Jesus' righteousness and saving us.

On our part:

Our part is to be faithful in clinging to Him, to be faithful in believing and trusting and submitting.

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

Thanks joemo and gail, not quite what i meant - but very valid points.

This has been my walk in the last number of years, it was born out of seeing things not right with the world/church, and things that didn't make sense in the Bible.

before i became a SDA, i kept praying "God show me the truth" for which God supplied and i now follow SDA teachings.

This then changed to "God show me the truth, i don't want to be deceived" (which was a bible and worldly prayer about the bible) which again God supplied.

Then "God give me wisdom and understanding" (for both bible and worldly) again God Supplied.

Now "God show me the truth in all things" (mainly worldly, to understand) for which God is again supplying.

at one point in my walk, i was much closer to God spiritually than what i am now - because now i let life/world/commitments lead my life more than what it did.

The thing is, it would be easy for me to change - but i lack the commitment and i wonder if this is true of me - REV 2:4 Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love.

hence, i am now here - wanting to interact with other SDA's, fellowship and exercise the spiritual part of my mind/soul :D

Now that is really heavy for a New Member, something i found interesting was - even though i was able to join this forum, i wasn't able to participate or even contact anyone for a couple of months, because there was a problem with my account. (thanks stan for sorting)

Now you know where i am and why i am here bwink

Nothing like jumping right into it, Chrysalis. Thank you for being so honest. I think being genuine and true-faced. I think that is a magnificent Christian trait. You are moving in the right direction. You will find just about every brand of SDA (and non-SDA) on CA.

The important thing is that you are finding your way back to God. The important thing is to develop a relationship with Jesus. That's what saves you. A relationship with Adventism (or any other specific denomination) is not what gets you to heaven.

Keep looking. God says you will find Him if you seek Him with all your heart. I would guess many of us have been in the place you are in now (I know I have). If you want to raise any issues, raise them here. You will get answers from every conceivable angle.

• Administrators
:like:

If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God

• Administrators

hence, i am now here - wanting to interact with other SDA's, fellowship and exercise the spiritual part of my mind/soul :D

Now that is really heavy for a New Member, something i found interesting was - even though i was able to join this forum, i wasn't able to participate or even contact anyone for a couple of months, because there was a problem with my account. (thanks stan for sorting)

Now you know where i am and why i am here bwink

Super, Chrysalis! Here's another verse that is prayer- worthy:

Proverbs 1:23- Turn you at my reproof: behold, I will pour out my spirit unto you, I will make known my words unto you.

When we let the Lord cleanse our hearts from what is morally bad, He promises to pour out His spirit to us and help us to understand.

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.