ClubAdventist is back!

Vision statements...

Stan

I for one have spent too many hours on a Vision statement for Churches, ABC's Conferences etc.

The TRUE vision statement is not printed on the finest paper that is hung on the wall, it is reflected in the budget and the real life actions,.

Vision statements make us feel good, makes us think we are doing the Lord's work and all they have done is occupy our time while souls perish

If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses.

https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist

Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com

Even the least successful investor knows that no investment should even be considered without a prospectus. While we may not always stick to our vision, it is proper and fitting to have one.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

Yes, statements are only what you make of them. If they are hollow or meaningless, then that may be because it's what you make of it. It may have deep, personal meaning to someone else, but may not be so touching to you. As with most things in life, your perception is your reality. Do with it what you will, for me, I'm living for the Lord, and bring those that I can, closer to His glory.

I think a vision statement is a good thing for keeping an organization focused, but they have to own it, and too many times they just give lip service because it sounds good and that's how they would like to see themselves, or only a few people in the church come up with it and the rest say fine, whatever.

I suppose that vision statements along with rules are not popular. But they are both something that can be referred to when needed. That may not be all that often. But when the need does come ... they are worth GOLD.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• 2 weeks later...

Actually,

Our church just finished reinstating ours and see how we can better implement it, if that's any encouragement to you. I'm excited about many of the things happening such as small group ministries and more open evangelism outreach in the community. Although most of the church people are unwilling to participate... I hope they will jump on board as the ship really takes off.