ClubAdventist is back!

Is God on trial

RonCorson

Vindication by the Cross by Stephen Ferguson  |  14 November 2021  | Adventist Today

https://atoday.org/vindication-by-the-cross/?fbclid=IwAR1wSmqfaESDXmxQD8TPPd7zwusreY4vAV3LxkcS9-xA1QstydgiY2t-8M8

This is probably one of the worst articles I have seen on theology in Adventist today. In the comments section there is one person that takes him to task, which is pretty rare over there. He ends it by pretending it is like the book of Job and he acts as though he is recanting. I imagine it was added so that it would be published as otherwise it is all the praise for atheists  . It is all sort of absurd:

"Adam’s punishment is already your punishment. Stop trying to wriggle out of the curse, because it isn’t going to work. Sucking up to God is pointless. God has no threat left over you or me, because to cite Jim Morrison, no one is getting out of here alive.

You are not going to some eternal torture in hell or purgatory, because you are already in it now. Another cornerstone Adventist belief that has immense truth.

For all the historic disputes about a heavenly judgment, there is a simple truth many of us are overlooking: you are not on trial, God is. If we have any role at all in some cosmic courtroom drama, our role is as victims."

We are already in Hell? Wow and that is an Adventist Belief?

We are the victims of God and God is on trial...HUH, so he wants to pretend that his inspiration for this article is Job and he ends up saying God is on trial? That same book that asks Where were you when the universe was created! 

The notion of God is on trial is one of the sad distortions that Adventism has developed. See http://cafesda.blogspot.com/2006/09/is-god-on-trial.html