ClubAdventist is back!

NAD Issues an Apology

Gregory Matthews

• Moderators

Use the religion news.com link because it actually tells you what was said. Rather pathetic that the church news does not cover the who, what, when, where, why question that used to be part of journalism.

"In Robinson’s sermon, a short portion of which is captured in a YouTube video, he appears to be preaching from a passage from the New Testament’s Letter to the Ephesians, in which the Apostle Paul says, “Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord.”

In the video, Robinson says, “In this matter of submission, I want you to know upfront, ladies, that once you get married, you are no longer your own. You are your husband’s. You understand what I’m saying? I emphasize that because I saw in court the other day on TV where a lady sued her husband for rape. And I would say to you, gentlemen, the best person to rape is your wife. But then it has become legalized.”

• Members

Pretty pathetic! Even if he didn't mean it the way it came out!!

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

On 11/25/2021 at 8:10 AM, phkrause said:

Pretty pathetic! Even if he didn't mean it the way it came out!!

I agree. I'm glad you noticed that he might not have intended to say what it sounds like he said; unfortunately, the worst possible motives and intentions are imputed to a person that most of us don't know. I knew a young SDA fellow who actually received a prison sentence for spousal rape ~40 years ago. That sort of crime has not been well tolerated for decades. I find it hard to believe that's what he was advocating.

What do you (other people in this thread) suppose he actually meant?

I have read elsewhere on the Internet that he has resigned. In my opinion, this is a good thing.

• 1 month later...

Depends on his background. Some places in the world have a very "old" way of looking at females, Africa is one of those places. If this man was raised in an African country, he probably meant what he said. If he didn't - I'd bet people are making more out of what he said than the speaker himself intended.  These days we have countless "professional victims". 

Probably should get a signed consent form before any intimacies with your spouse, because you can get into "he said, she said" situations and who do you believe?!

Unfortunately, if that is required, why are you even married? 

>>>Texts in blue type are quotes<<<

And therefore as a stranger give it welcome.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

--Shakespeare from Hamlet

Bill Liversidge Seminars

The Emergent Church and the Invasion of Spiritualism

1 hour ago, B/W Photodude said:

Probably should get a signed consent form before any intimacies with your spouse, because you can get into "he said, she said" situations and who do you believe?!

Unfortunately, if that is required, why are you even married? 

As society continues to rot we will be seeing more of this kind of stuff.

Follow up article currently on Atoday quotes abuse counsellor/mental health professional saying

“After watching Robinson here, it is hard to believe that he regrets anything but the backlash he received,” said Sarah McDugal, an abuse recovery coach for women in faith communities, in a Facebook post on her page.

“It would appear the steps taken by administrators up to this point, remain woefully insufficient to effectively resolve the situation,” said McDugal."

What would be sufficient to resolve this situation? He lost his job. He's essentially banned from reemployment in the denomination, had his name dragged through the mud. He pastored a 1,000+ member church, has been commended for his denominational service by people familiar with his ministry, yet being forced to resign/fired isn't enough?

Vindictive, really!

The besmirched said: 

“....no man has the right to rape neither his wife or anybody. Rape is a crime. It’s criminal. And yes, a man can rape his wife because sex must be mutual consent [sic].”

“If she says ‘No,’ let it be ‘No.'”

That sounds like a clarification, a repudiation of what was said before; nevertheless the situation has not been resolved?

On 1/15/2022 at 6:40 PM, GHansen said:

“After watching Robinson here, it is hard to believe that he regrets anything but the backlash he received,” said Sarah McDugal, an abuse recovery coach for women in faith communities, in a Facebook post on her page.

“It would appear the steps taken by administrators up to this point, remain woefully insufficient to effectively resolve the situation,” said McDugal."

Sorry, don't really give many of these women working in "abuse recovery" very much credibility. I do not see them as truthful relative to the topic of abuse and usually just have radical feminists axes to grind. I have also viewed her Facebook page. Of note, I have known of some women who are abusive to their husbands being her Facebook "friends".

I find it amazing how many of these people will work to silence anyone who does not agree with them. There was a study put out by Harvard University showing that 70% of domestic violence in the home is initiated by women. I posted a link to an article about it. It was removed and I was blocked from posting anything more on the EndItNow facebook page.

"Truth lies dead in the streets!"

>>>Texts in blue type are quotes<<<

And therefore as a stranger give it welcome.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

--Shakespeare from Hamlet

Bill Liversidge Seminars

The Emergent Church and the Invasion of Spiritualism

1 hour ago, B/W Photodude said:

Sorry, don't really give many of these women working in "abuse recovery" very much credibility

It is an industry, dependent upon victims. The victim status is more or less easy to attain. The broader the net, the more potential clients. Some mental health professionals due a lot of damage to people by convincing them that their life has been ruined and the only hope of redemption is years of therapy. Even after  therapy, the victims are still basket cases. Like the Bible says "Suffer many things of many [mental health professionals] but only grow worse."

Here's a quote from an article about an abusive physician in gynecologic services at USC: "These violations have left the victims with deep-seated trauma and long-term psychological damage. The compensation achieved by the settlement will help victims obtain the resources for recovery and justice needed for their losses."

EGW, writing years ago, warned about the dangers of men working in gynecology. Her counsel  in this area has been ignored, not only by the world, as is to be expected, but by LLU itself. She used the term "abomination" to describe the practice.

Read articles on the Spectrum website by Dr. Sepulveda for some insight into your question.

2 hours ago, Humble Disciple said:

Was segregation once practiced in Adventist churches and, if so, was an apology issued for it?

Ben Carson claims that the church, at one time, was segregated:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3295535/Carson-tells-AP-Seventh-day-Adventism-right-faith-him.html

• Members
17 hours ago, Humble Disciple said:

Was segregation once practiced in Adventist churches

When you say segregation? What exactly do you mean? Because as far as I know we do have a Black conference! If I'm not mistaken we've had a black conference for many years. And also one reason was that they wanted there own conference, but not sure! Will have to talk with a few friends of mine and hear what they have to say!!

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}