ClubAdventist is back!

Remote Populations

Gregory Matthews

• Moderators

I want you to think with me of the most remote place on Earth where people live, the year around.  As you think, give some thought as to how the Gospel can reach that place. It is a place that has each year has 7,950 hours of darkness and 810 hours of daylight.  How do you think that God will reach those who live in that place?  Well it has a wooden church building that seats a total of 30 congregants. It is served by two volunteer members of the clergy.  It is located on King George Island in the Antarctic.  The priests who serve are from the Russian Orthodox denomination.  It was constructed in 2004.  It attempts to serve the spiritual needs of researchers from Russia, Chile, Poland and Korea.  The work of God is accomplished today by many people.  I doubt that SDAs will ever have a congregation in that location.

NOTE:  Thanks for the above to Guideposts and their editor Kaylin Kaupish.

Gregory