ClubAdventist is back!

RumorMongers and the damage they do to the Church

Stan

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />

law enforcement? are you aware of the percentage of cases an average police dept clears..... and when I say clear, that means they solve it and are able to close the case... less than 30%... meaning 70% of cases opened by law enforcement are pending, open or unsolved...

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">

Do you realize how many false reports Law Enforcement recieves? To many to count. If there is not enough evidence to convict the person is let go. So what? Innocent until PROVEN Guilty. I am glad of that. Why should it be up to us to character assasinate a person or speculate with what we do not know. Many times the real truth is far less evil and sinister than what we make ourselves believe.

I realize there are cases where the church has to investigate in cases that is not criminal but still violates policy. Again until the facts are out we really should not get involved. I know it is tempting. I myself have fallen for that temptation to speculate about wrongdoing of church leaders when scandals erupt.

riverside.gif Riverside CA

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bonnie

• Stan

• Dr. Shane

• CyberGuy

Top Posters In This Topic

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />

CyberGuy said:

Do you realize how many false reports Law Enforcement recieves? To many to count. If there is not enough evidence to convict the person is let go. So what? Innocent until PROVEN Guilty. I am glad of that. Why should it be up to us to character assasinate a person or speculate with what we do not know. Many times the real truth is far less evil and sinister than what we make ourselves believe.

I realize there are cases where the church has to investigate in cases that is not criminal but still violates policy. Again until the facts are out we really should not get involved. I know it is tempting. I myself have fallen for that temptation to speculate about wrongdoing of church leaders when scandals erupt.

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">

I do investigations for a living.... it is part of my job... we receive false reports, false allegaations, etc on a regular basis and they all have to be investigated... though I understand your point...

I still like Clinton.

Not the bad things he did for goodness sakes.

All progress in the Spiritual Life is knowing and Loving GOD

"there is non upon earth that I desire besides YOU" PS 73:25

That perspective changes EVERYTHING-suffering and adversity are the means that makes us hungry for GOD. Disapointments will wean us away wordly occupations. Even sin(when repented of) becomes a mechanism to push us closer to HIM as we experience His Love and Forgiveness.

I would have liked to start a new thread, however this forum will not permit me to do so here.

On the subject of gossip, it has come to my attention that I myself was the subject of gossip in the chat room offered on this site last night after a particularly passionate discussion about a particular problem in the church.

What is there to be said of someone who, when another party is not present to defend herself, feigns some type of "inside pipeline" or "discernment" and makes direct negative pronouncements about the state of another person's soul or spiritual journey simply so that he may sway others to his way of thinking on a subject? One may disagree with another's point of view, but to portray them as an agent of the devil in a religious milieu where people may be inclined to take such notions seriously is just beyond the pale. It is the religious equivalent of labeling someone a terrorist -- and the socio-political chill in its wake equally devastating.

What is there to be said of people who, instead of taking an ISSUE seriously for what it IS when it has been raised or pointed out, palm it off as another party merely being "oversensitive" or "needing to get something out of their system"? If you cannot or will not open your eyes and SEE what is going on in the church, fair enough, but don't shoot the messenger and don't pretend it isn't a reality just because a person who has themselves been bruised by it says "ouch" in the same breath as they use to describe what is going on IN GENERAL and WITHOUT any particular reference to themselves.

Hello, who stands up against rape but victims of rape and their families??? If you've never been raped or never had someone close to you raped, chances are you go your merry way assuming all is right with the justice system and thankful they will catch rapists and deal with them, and never see the seamier side of what goes on. SAME IS TRUE HERE.

What is there to be said?? Nothing, because to say ANYTHING makes ME sound like the gossip. OF COURSE. How lovely. Yes, let's all deflect from the real issue. Let's implicate the party we did this to as the guilty party somehow. Maybe same even goes for the source from which the target heard about the gossipfest. Let's ping them as gossips too, so no one can finger us for what we did. SO FREAKING TYPICAL. AM I THE *ONLY* ONE HERE SICK OF THAT KIND OF GARBAGE???

But there you have it.

"After such knowledge, what forgiveness?" -- T.S. Eliot

I can start new threads anywhere on the board except here. I think Stan locked this particular section down so only he could.

Anyway ...

I would have liked to start a new thread, however this forum will not permit me to do so here.

On the subject of gossip, it has come to my attention that I myself was the subject of gossip in the chat room offered on this site last night after a particularly passionate discussion about a particular problem in the church.

What is there to be said of someone who, when another party is not present to defend herself, feigns some type of "inside pipeline" or "discernment" and makes direct negative pronouncements about the state of another person's soul or spiritual journey simply so that he may sway others to his way of thinking on a subject? One may disagree with another's point of view, but to portray them as an agent of the devil in a religious milieu where people may be inclined to take such notions seriously is just beyond the pale. It is the religious equivalent of labeling someone a terrorist -- and the socio-political chill in its wake equally devastating.

What is there to be said of people who, instead of taking an ISSUE seriously for what it IS when it has been raised or pointed out, palm it off as another party merely being "oversensitive" or "needing to get something out of their system"? If you cannot or will not open your eyes and SEE what is going on in the church, fair enough, but don't shoot the messenger and don't pretend it isn't a reality just because a person who has themselves been bruised by it says "ouch" in the same breath as they use to describe what is going on IN GENERAL and WITHOUT any particular reference to themselves.

Hello, who stands up against rape but victims of rape and their families??? If you've never been raped or never had someone close to you raped, chances are you go your merry way assuming all is right with the justice system and thankful they will catch rapists and deal with them, and never see the seamier side of what goes on. SAME IS TRUE HERE.

What is there to be said?? Nothing, because to say ANYTHING makes ME sound like the gossip. OF COURSE. How lovely. Yes, let's all deflect from the real issue. Let's implicate the party we did this to as the guilty party somehow. Maybe same even goes for the source from which the target heard about the gossipfest. Let's ping them as gossips too, so no one can finger us for what we did. SO FREAKING TYPICAL. AM I THE *ONLY* ONE HERE SICK OF THAT KIND OF GARBAGE???

But there you have it.

"After such knowledge, what forgiveness?" -- T.S. Eliot