ClubAdventist is back!

I want my world back

RonCorson

AToday posted this recently. 

I Want My World Back!

ukraine-hannele2.jpg

by Hannele Ottschofski  |  4 March 2022  |

"Aggression has emerged as a scary side-effect. Parts of our society are becoming increasingly hostile towards rules and respect of others. Twisting facts, denying truths, and boldly proclaiming lies has become the new normal. "

"Wars have always used propaganda and misinformation. Putin, as a former KGB director, knows better than anyone else how to manipulate public opinion. No wonder Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin had a “special relationship.” As the saying goes, “Birds of a feather flock together.” 

Really. What kind of logic makes a special relationship into birds of a feather flock together? Because Trump was a KGB agent who was a dictator for 20 years and became a multi billionaire from taking money from his country? What nonsense! Actually the relationship was don't talk bad about me personally and I won't talk bad about you personally>

"We Europeans are especially shocked that a President of the United States would rather believe the assurances of a Russian dictator than his own secret service, as happened in the meeting between Putin and Trump in Helsinki. Another shock came recently when Trump praised Putin as very “savvy” when Putin recognized the separatist territories in eastern Ukraine that he had been destabilizing for the last eight years. "

What. His own secret service. You mean those guys who: "The United States Secret Service (USSS or Secret Service) is a federal law enforcement agency under the Department of Homeland Security charged with conducting criminal investigations and protecting U.S. political leaders, their families, and visiting heads of state or government." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Secret_Service

What is she talking about? Is this what foreigners  think? I saw on their comments section on facebook that they really liked this article and did not even see that it is just carrying on misinformation. But comments are purged over there, Cliff Goldstien occasionally gets in a comment and then is swarmed by the mob of ignorance there. They need real editors over there. It is pathetic.

• Members
5 hours ago, RonCorson said:

What is she talking about? Is this what foreigners  think? I saw on their comments section on facebook that they really liked this article and did not even see that it is just carrying on misinformation. But comments are purged over there, Cliff Goldstien occasionally gets in a comment and then is swarmed by the mob of ignorance there. They need real editors over there. It is pathetic.

Is this your comment?? or what?? I see that at the beginning of your OP that the rest of the post is from AToday article! Do you have a link so we can read it in context?? Thank you!!

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Members

Well I read the article and I'd say it was pretty good. But I'm missing where Cliff Goldstein had made a comment!! Am I missing something??

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

At the end of the article is the link to comments. Click that and it takes you to their facebook page, that is the only place to comment or view comments. So like missing where the comments are if you think it was a good article I think you are missing some things there as well.

• Members

Thanks, I did get to read some of the comments. And I must agree, he needed to at least defend his comment about the article. And also the people attacking him have, at least to me, a bias against him anyway. They always seem to disagree with him for one reason or another. He obviously deleted the statement that he made and I didn't get a chance to read exactly what he stated. In most part I pretty much agree with what he has to say, but like I said I didn't get to read what he did say so at this time I can't say I agree or disagree. I do know that from what I've read in the article I personally didn't have any disagreement with it, but would've had a better idea as to what his point was or disagreement about what she wrote!!

phkrause

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/9/2022 at 6:01 AM, RonCorson said:

"We Europeans are especially shocked that a President of the United States would rather believe the assurances of a Russian dictator than his own secret service,

As you say you agree with the article. What is she referring to here?

No wonder Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin had a “special relationship.” As the saying goes, “Birds of a feather flock together.” 

Do you honestly think Trump and Putin are birds of a feather?

Another shock came recently when Trump praised Putin as very “savvy” when Putin recognized the separatist territories in eastern Ukraine that he had been destabilizing for the last eight years. "

Saying someone is savy in a war move is not praise anyone that actually heard or read the transcript of the interview knows there was not praise in it. So the question is how much [censored] can be in an article before you don't think it is good anymore?

From the interview:
"

PRESIDENT TRUMP: Well, what went wrong was a rigged election and what went wrong is a candidate that shouldn’t be there and a man that has no concept of what he’s doing. I went in yesterday and there was a television screen, and I said, “This is genius.” Putin declares a big portion of the Ukraine — of Ukraine. Putin declares it as independent. Oh, that’s wonderful. (sarcastic)

So, Putin is now saying, “It’s independent,” a large section of Ukraine. I said, “How smart is that?” And he’s gonna go in and be a peacekeeper. That’s strongest peace force… We could use that on our southern border. That’s the strongest peace force I’ve ever seen. There were more army tanks than I’ve ever seen. They’re gonna keep peace all right. No, but think of it. Here’s a guy who’s very savvy… I know him very well. Very, very well.

By the way, this never would have happened with us. Had I been in office, not even thinkable. This would never have happened. But here’s a guy that says, you know, “I’m gonna declare a big portion of Ukraine independent,” he used the word “independent,” “and we’re gonna go out and we’re gonna go in and we’re gonna help keep peace.” You gotta say that’s pretty savvy. And you know what the response was from Biden? There was no response. They didn’t have one for that. No, it’s very sad. Very sad." https://www.clayandbuck.com/president-trump-with-cb-from-mar-a-lago/

• Members
8 hours ago, RonCorson said:

You know exactly who she's referring to!!

Absolutely!!

we’re gonna help keep peace

Right!!

phkrause

1 hour ago, phkrause said:
9 hours ago, RonCorson said:

You know exactly who she's referring to!!

Ok, so here is how questions work. If I ask what she is referring to here, and you answer "who she is referring to" Then you are are being totally irrelevant to the question. The answer, if you actually knew anything about current events is that the "secret Service" Who works to protect the President did not say anything about Putin! That you even think you know what she is writing about is because you have a hard time with reading comphresion and seem to prefer to think that you know something that you don't know!

1 hour ago, phkrause said:
10 hours ago, RonCorson said:

Absolutely!!

Again, then you know nothing of current events. What nation did Trump ever oversee an invasion of, Putin did Georgia, Crimea and Ukraine. You may have the same foolish ideas as the author but, they are still foolish. Why is critical thinking so hard for some people!

• Members
17 hours ago, RonCorson said:

Why is critical thinking so hard for some people!

It's sad isn't It??

phkrause