ClubAdventist is back!

Baby formula… no problem

Rahab

Charlotte Gerson tells of a woman who raised all her babies on fresh carrot juice. Her babies were all allergic to her milk and all the formulas too. Then the woman introduced the audience to her now full grown kids. All healthy tall and robust!!

imagine that!!  Raw carrot juice!!

I would suggest home grown carrots or trusted organic ones. 

I don't know who Charlotte Gerson is but would question the accuracy of her story. Babies need far more calories per day than is possible to get from raw carrot juice. Wonder if she tried goats milk. Babies tolerate that far easier than cows milk

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

Her babies were allergic to all milks including her own. She tried everything poor thing. 
But they did tolerate the carrot juice and I don’t know how many times a day she fed them but I’m sure it was often. Carrots have protein, fat, and carbohydrates. All that we need. 

do a search on Charlotte Gerson. Her dad was Max Gerson. 

they use a juice press for extraction of the juice which is better than the spin types

I did.  Carrot juice is low in fat which babies need and does not have sufficient protein.  I cup of carrots has only 2 grams of protein instead of the 8 grams per 20 lbs body weight . Caloric intake per 8 ounces is only 80 calories. I hope anyone wanting to use carrot juice as a replacement to some type of milk/formula thinks long and hard.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

People don’t need as much protein as our government recommends. Actually people eat too much protein and it is causing much kidney damage. 

carrots grown organically have everything we need to be healthy 

I’m very worried about people adding water to formula to make it last longer. Water is not sufficient for the baby. 

carrots have fat and after juicing there is always a film of fat left in all the equipment that has to be cleaned off

Oh one more thing…

it’s not just one carrot 

to make a full bottle for baby one feeding it is about a pound and a half of carrots

that ups the nutritional value 

1 hour ago, Rahab said:

Oh one more thing…

it’s not just one carrot 

to make a full bottle for baby one feeding it is about a pound and a half of carrots

Did you honestly believe that I believed that one carrot would be sufficient?  Carrots are very low in  fat and protein. Less than a 100 calories in 8 oz of carrot juice, 70-80. A baby needs more caloric intake than that. A cup serving of carrot juice contains 2 gr of protein. I can't imagine any mother that would feed her child this way. I know there are a lot of so called miracle cures and diets but this is a little over the top.

How many infants have you raised on a diet of carrort juice?

3 hours ago, Rahab said:

Oh one more thing…

it’s not just one carrot 

just wanted to make this point clear......

• Moderators

The following website will give you the nutritional value of carrot juice.

https://www.mydietmealplanner.com/calorie-counter/beverages/vegetable-juice/protein-in-carrot-juice-other-types-of-vegetable-juice.html

Babies and growing children need much more protein than what they could get from carrot juice due to the fact that that they are growing body tissue and need protein to do that.

Gregory

• Moderators

Information about the Gerson therapy may be obtained feom:

Gerson Therapy: Diet, Food Lists, Dangers, and More (healthline.com)

"In 1978, his daughter Charlotte Gerson established the Gerson Institute, a nonprofit organization that provides education and training in the Gerson Therapy.

The Gerson Therapy has three major components — diet, detoxification, and supplements. People on the therapy must follow an organic, plant-based diet with raw juices, use coffee enemas several times daily for detoxification, and take a wide variety of supplements (1Trusted Source).

Before starting the Gerson Therapy, you must apply on their website — by submitting medical records, then undergoing a case evaluation — to see if you are eligible.

Although this therapy is meant to treat a wide range of chronic diseases, the Institute mentions that certain conditions do not respond well to the Gerson Therapy. These include brain tumors, Parkinson’s disease, kidney failure, and ileostomy.

The Gerson Therapy requires a significant financial and lifestyle commitment. It can cost more than $15,000 to start and must be followed for a minimum of 2 years."

Gregory

• Moderators

More f rom the above website;

"Anyone on this diet is asked to consume approximately 15–20 pounds (7–9 kg) of organic produce per day. This is said to help “flood the body with nutrients.”

Most of that produce is used to make raw juices. Dieters are asked to drink up to one 8-ounce (240-ml) glass of raw juice per hour — up to 13 times per day."

Gregory

37 minutes ago, Gregory Matthews said:

The following website will give you the nutritional value of carrot juice.

https://www.mydietmealplanner.com/calorie-counter/beverages/vegetable-juice/protein-in-carrot-juice-other-types-of-vegetable-juice.html

Babies and growing children need much more protein than what they could get from carrot juice due to the fact that that they are growing body tissue and need protein to do that.

Anyone that has ever fed a infant or small child knows the impossibility of getting enough protein and fat a child needs with carrots

Unfortunately there are parents that take advice like this to heart and follow it to the letter. Often ending up in the news with a severely malnourished child or a dead child

• Like 1

Not sure what this was supposed to show. Someone agreeing with their  own opinion  isn't very convincing,  Her opinion does not alter the nutritional make up of carrot juice and make it a  complete diet for infants. Nutrition is extremely important, but has to be balanced with common sense.

23 minutes ago, Rahab said:

Just trying to give parents some hope and alternatives during this time. 

I would hope parents would think carefully about this type of alternatives.  All of the formula could disappear tomorrow and the infants affected would do just fine. Parents would simply have to revert  back to pre formula days. Babies thrived and survived for thousands of years.  I had a premature infant that could not tolerate formula.  Did beautifully on goats milk, mentally and physically he grew to be quite an impressive man.

The panic over formula is almost funny when you stop and think of all the children that thrived without it or being fed a steady diet of carrot juice. Inconvenient Yes,but certainly not a earth shattering event

My mother worked as a nurse in a hospital.I recall her telling me about a patient who was "yellow" eyes, skin,etc. who had ingested for a few months, a good amount of carrot juice.  It had created a Vitamn A toxicity.  A large amount of carrot juice would not be good for anyone, I'd think, esp a baby, who has nutritional needs far above the benefits of juice.

the goat milk idea is a great one.

3 hours ago, Theophilus said:

My mother worked as a nurse in a hospital.I recall her telling me about a patient who was "yellow" eyes, skin,etc. who had ingested for a few months, a good amount of carrot juice.  It had created a Vitamn A toxicity.  A large amount of carrot juice would not be good for anyone, I'd think, esp a baby, who has nutritional needs far above the benefits of juice.

the goat milk idea is a great one.

Too much of anything is not good. Some people go overboard. 

one can take on a tinge of orange 

they feed flamingos at the zoo to give color to them otherwise they would be white…

[In the wild, flamingos eat a natural diet that provides them with the red color.  They are not born red.  They are born white.  A flamingo who is deficient in their natural diet will return to white.  The zoo simply seeks to provide them with what they would normally need and eat if they were in the wild--Gregory Matthews.]

To feed an infant  that is not yet on solids a steady diet of carrot juice  would be considered too much of one thing by most parents

Infants are not flamingos and parents do not try to feed them to give them color. Formula is generally made from cows milk that has vitamins etc added. The panic over formula shortage is a little  over the top.  Infants survived thousands of years before formula . Goats milk is very easy for infants to assimilate. Most tolerate it very well

• Thanks 1

• Moderators

I regard to:  "a tinge of orange."

Jaundice in an infant can cause brain damage.  This does not happen often, but it is a danger.  For the Mayo Clinic on infant jaundice, see:

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/infant-jaundice/symptoms-causes/syc-20373865

Gregory

On 5/18/2022 at 4:18 PM, Rahab said:

Too much of anything is not good. Some people go overboard. 

one can take on a tinge of orange 

they feed flamingos at the zoo to give color to them otherwise they would be white…

[In the wild, flamingos eat a natural diet that provides them with the red color.  They are not born red.  They are born white.  A flamingo who is deficient in their natural diet will return to white.  The zoo simply seeks to provide them with what they would normally need and eat if they were in the wild--Gregory Matthews.]

That is true, but that wasn't my point. My point was a steady diet of carrot juice as a replacement for formula, can result in Vitamin A toxicity.  And anyone who is reading the forum needs to know that is a possibility.