ClubAdventist is back!

Is God’s Wrath Active or Passive?

news

I apologize for the long silence. There has been so much going on I haven’t had the “bandwidth” to focus on the blog. But publishing the below is necessary as a background to discussion I am having with followers of the Facebook Commentary.   When Revelation speaks of the wrath of the nations (Rev 11:18) […]

The post Is God’s Wrath Active or Passive? appeared first on Jon Paulien's Blog.

View the full article

• Members

Excellent post Jon, excellent!!

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• 2 months later...
  • Moderators

I've been reading Jon's blog and very much appreciate what he teaches. 

As to the question of whether or not God's wrath is active or passive: it is both. First of all God's active wrath keeps sin in check. The 7 last plagues are when God's active wrath is poured out, thus he allows sin to be unchecked by a period of being passive with his wrath. 

Then when we get to the end of sin and sinners, as I've pointed out several times; it is not an imposed punishment, not some kind of divine spanking. It is simply God showing up in person. But there are two responses to this. The wicked could avoid their destruction if God did not show up. (granted they would end up killing each other, or eternally torture each other.) Thus God's final action is indeed active, but it is passive in that God does not treat the lost any differently from how he treats the saved.