ClubAdventist is back!

Tom

Gregory Matthews

• Moderators

I First met Tom in probably 1959, possibly 1960.  After that meeting, we parted and I followed him at a distance.  Recently he and I reconnected.

Tom presently has a ministry in which he on a regular (perhaps every day) writes short devotional statements.  I will quote one of his recent posts at the end of this post.

Tom is a unique person.  His spiritual journey has had its twists and turns.  But, over the many years, he has remained committed to our Lord Jesus Christ.   I have decided to invite tom to join with us in posting his devotional comments.

Tom does not get into discussions of doctrinal issues.  He will not be debating with anyone here.  I do not believe that he will make any kind of an extensive response to people who may challenge him on aspects of his understandings of God.

He worships on a regular basis across some denominational boundaries.

So, I am going to invite Tom to join us.

IF any of you would like to welcome Tom, this thread will remain open for comment.

The following is a statement from Tom:

My prayer is that the love of Jesus will shine through you and that everyone whose life you touch, whether near or far, will be blessed.

• Like 3

Gregory

Gregory has done an excellent job of representing where I am in my spiritual journey.  The SDA folks are like family to me even though I'm not currently a member.  I probably feel more like home with them than any other community.  I normally attend a SDA Church on Saturday and some other church on Sunday as I'm guided.  My main focus is to encourage people to walk ever closer to our wonderful God.

IIf my URL works as below read MY INTRODUCTION, TESTIMONY, and Article #1, WALKING IN CLOSE FELLOWSHIP WITH GOD.

http://www.tomdurst.com

• Like 3

• Members

Tom, welcome to this forum and like Theophilus, I also look forward to reading your devotionals!!

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

21 hours ago, Tom Durst said:

Gregory has done an excellent job of representing where I am in my spiritual journey.  The SDA folks are like family to me even though I'm not currently a member.  I probably feel more like home with them than any other community.  I normally attend a SDA Church on Saturday and some other church on Sunday as I'm guided.  My main focus is to encourage people to walk ever closer to our wonderful God.

IIf my URL works as below read MY INTRODUCTION, TESTIMONY, and Article #1, WALKING IN CLOSE FELLOWSHIP WITH GOD.

http://www.tomdurst.com

Welcome here friend   

If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses.

https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist

Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com

• 4 months later...