ClubAdventist is back!

Stroke

Gail

• Administrators

Last night my husband had a stroke.

He is in hospital and I am in and out helping care for him.

It has affected his right side. As of this time, the paralysis is mostly gone now, and a weakness remains. He says he feels like there is a boot on his foot all the time. He feels heavy on the right side from the top of his head to his foot.

Mobility is limited when walking and using his small muscles. He cannot write

If I was to do a specific prayer it would be for a speedy recovery.

God is good! It could have been much worse!

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gail

• Nicodema

• benherndon

• Naomi

• Members

Gail, I am praying for you and your hubby. squeeze.gif

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

Gail, my wife and I will continue to pray for your husband, and also for yourself at this time.

May the Lord continue to heal, and continue to give you comfort and strength.

Graeme (and Jeanette)

Graeme

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi, Gorgeous!

You and your family will definitely be in my thoughts and prayers.

My prayer will be that whatever happens in your husband's recovery process that the Lord will give you and your husband the courage and strength to handle it.

Hang in there!

Halfstep Denise

"If you're all God has, is God in trouble?

-- Dr. Frederick K.C. Price

My daughter is a occupational therapy major and deals with people like your husband in her training. What is needed is training of the person to use a different part of his brain to relearn basic skills like eating and writing and walking. It is like a hard drive crash and all that data in that part of the drive is gone. Same for the human brain. If the memory of how to write was in the part of the brain that was damaged he or she must relearn the skill.

Prognosis is good for full recovery as long as another stoke does not occur.

Be of Good cheer Gail. Your husband will relearn all those skills with the help of a skilled occupational therapist.

• Moderators

Gail, you and your husband are in my prayers. May God give both of you exactly what you need during this really tough time.

God Bless and keep you both,

Joel

Gail, I will pray for you and your husband. Keep your faith in God and He will see you through, whatever the outcome. I lost my wife three years ago the 21 of Sept. so I can empathize with you.

Gail;

I am shocked. I am praying for his fast recovery and for you to have time stand still long enough for you to catch your breath.

Yes, God is good! It could have been worse. I thank God for sparing Russ his life and giving you courage.

Love to you both.

The greatest want of the world is the want of men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true & honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty..., men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall.{Ed 57.3}

Gail I just now found out about this. I'm sorry to hear about Russ' stroke. I can't imagine how scary something like that is. I pray he gets well fast and comes home soon, and NO repeats EVER.

You did NOT deserve this at all, and neither did he. I'm so sorry.

"After such knowledge, what forgiveness?" -- T.S. Eliot

I just returned from retreat and received Stan's email. Gail, you have been so kind to me from the time I first joined CA. I'm so sorry to hear of your husband's illness. I am praying that his recovery proceeds rapidly to God's honor and glory.

• Administrators

Thank you so much, everyone! :)

I've just returned from the hospital where he is settled nicely. Before I left he was complaining of the numbness extending up to his shoulder and his arm was getting worse, so they were going to round up something to give him.

I was just telling someone of Russ' frustration of having a leg and arm that just won't do what he wants them to. Walking is labourous but we are getting him up for short distances.

For an artist, having an bum arm (his good hand, too) is not fun at all. He does have an advantage in that 1) he is in pretty good physical condition, and 2) he was once a fitness instructor who worked with stroke victims so he knows what exercises are helpful. I don't think he will stay down for long

There has not been any history of stroke in any of his family. It came on suddenly but because he is trained in first aid he was able to recognize it almost immediately and we acted quickly

Thanks again! We appreciate all your well wishes!

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

Howdy Gail

I am sorry to hear about your husband. You are both in my prayers.

I also want to remind you to make sure you take breaks/get help for any care you need to do, because you need to remain as healthy as possible to handle this extra load.

Quote:
"Even while I sit in darkness, the Lord will be a Light unto me..." Mic.7:8

Dear Gail,

I'm very sorry to hear what happened to your husband.

I'm praying for his full and rapid recovery and strength to you.

God will heal him and take care of things. I'm confident.

Love, Mark

THe lord is able to do exceedingly abundantly more than we can think or imagine. the lord is faithfull and miracles still happen as lord as he reigns as the lord.youa re in my prayers gail

THe lord is able to do exceedingly abundantly more than we can think or imagine. the lord is faithfull and miracles still happen as lord as he reigns as the lord.youa re in my prayers gail