ClubAdventist is back!

Female Pastors

Gregory Matthews

• Members

Great article!!

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

This is not a topic I follow. If people like having a female pastor, I won't interfere. Some people don't like having a female pastor. A YouTube interview with a new female pastor indicated that half the congregation left when she was foisted upon the congregation. She cried as she related this. The video was taken down not long after it was uploaded. Based on a single congregation I attended, I would say that at least 2 of the female leaders were ignorant, abusive, and money oriented. Individuals were browbeaten from the pulpit for asking questions about passages being studied. A new Christian was lectured on tithe paying the first time she attended the Sabbath meeting. I was "blown off" for offering reading material to one of the lady "pastors." "Just sing songs" she said. One female "elder" leads her younger husband around like a little puppy. He is at her beck and call, more like a servant than the head of a household. The relationship appears degrading to men in general, not just church officers

Probably most congregations are not like this. I've heard some wonderful stories about personal evangelism conducted by women. What I'd like to see is an accounting of how women in ministry are doing as soulwinners for Christ. Are women effective soulwinners, evangelists, preachers? Do they grow congregations by bringing in new people or from membership transfers? One of the greatest Bible students I ever met was a woman. The old style Bible workers were mostly women, more effective at soulwinning than the male pastors. Their respective responsibilities made it so.

People have different gifts and abilities. If women are going to be pastors, its fair to expect them to exhibit pastoral gifts beyond an M.Div. and a pleasant personality.