ClubAdventist is back!

I need some help. Im just the messenger.

Neil_Armstrong

Dear Everyone.... there anyway....

I had an idea and in the last two weeks that has exploded into life and people are posting talking together sending in links to christian music, asking questions, sending in wishes for prayers to others, sending in prayer postcards, sending in teachings and lessons on the bible, youtube christian music links....... and on and on and on TALKING TOGETHER and WITH each other.

I am simply a guy in England who has built two Adventist FORUMS on a whim of an idea... "Hmmmm, I wonder if this would work!" kind of thing, and I have to tell you they're taking off faster than I can manage them.
JUST because of search engines propagation. Nothing more.

Id love you to come in and say hello to the people here.
(Here, laughs. The whole world including Canada, Mauritius, Africa and China and calling in but just PEOPLE.  The Forums were intended to be local in Oxford and Banbury England... to try and get members for the Church to know we are THERE. But its exploded into a whole new category. WAY bigger than I anticipated. )

Whats really sad about this is that the Elders such as they are............ are too frightened of the forums to play a part and as such DONT!
Imagine.
Ive built thousands of pounds worth of Forums, the latest code, the latest models, I host it and pay for it in unlimited bandwidth servers and now........  because they are fiercely active.... everyone's run away who should be playing a part so Im a bit peed off actually.

Im the "new kid on the block" and I have to say.... Im being treated like it and this wasn't what I anticipated as a new coming Adventist. I expected, well, a little more than back turning.

I am a simple single guy Adventist.
I'm not some master Guru in the field. I am by all accounts a complete NOVICE Christian and I am making all the usual mistakes.  

Id love it if someone from there could come in and say hello or at least see whats going on and maybe start a forum of their own or take these over because it is SO enlightening to see these people from all corners of the world crawling in. I am not an Elder. The Elders such as they are of the two churches mentioned are too scared of these forums to go in and take command. I can set them up with the power to rename, delete posts, spam and so on..... but I am alone.

I hope you read my words because I am sincere and genuine.
My own email addresses (some anyways) are...
neil@TheOxfordAdventist.com
or
neilarmstrong@TheBanburyAdventist.com
and
words@sadmonk.com

But the two Forums I speak of are here.

www.TheOxfordAdventist.com

and also

www.TheBanburyAdventist.com

God bless you if you read this far. I just need some help from people who can answer their questions and guide a new growing online community in the right direction and let them see that there IS someone who is officially a Christian Guide in all this. I cant keep up with them.
Blessings to you all. You must be about the twentieth group I have written to. I hope this isn't as fruitless.
May Jesus walk with you.
Neil.

• Moderators

Could you in a simple short paragraph state what you want?

Your mass of verbiage may be confusing to people.

An example of such a statement might be:

"I would like for someone to take over a discussion forum that I have established.  I would be willing to sell it to that person for $1,00."

Gregory

• 2 weeks later...

"God bless you if you read this far. I just need some help from people who can answer their questions and guide a new growing online community in the right direction and let them see that there IS someone who is officially a Christian Guide in all this. I cant keep up with them.
Blessings to you all. You must be about the twentieth group I have written to. I hope this isn't as fruitless."

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 9/13/2022 at 12:36 PM, Neil_Armstrong said:

"God bless you if you read this far. I just need some help from people who can answer their questions and guide a new growing online community in the right direction and let them see that there IS someone who is officially a Christian Guide in all this. I cant keep up with them.
Blessings to you all. You must be about the twentieth group I have written to. I hope this isn't as fruitless."

Hello Neil; I think it's great that you want to witness for Jesus, online. As you by now are likely finding out, wanting to do it, and accomplishing it, are often two different things.

In most of the online work I do, I have been finding that personal testimony of actual lived experience will go a long ways in telling others about Him, and what He is to you, what He has done in your life.  See for example Rev 12:10-11, 1 John 1;1-3, etc. I wish you God's blessings in your efforts for Him. Ask Him daily what to do, what to say. He will guide you.

Look and Live.--Hanging upon the cross Christ was the gospel. Now we have a message, "Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sins of the world." Will not our church members keep their eyes fixed on a crucified and risen Saviour, in whom their hopes of eternal life are centered? This is our message, our argument, our doctrine, our warning to the impenitent, our encouragement for the sorrowing, the hope for every believer. If we can awaken an interest in men's minds that will cause them to fix their eyes on Christ, we may step aside, and ask them only to continue to fix their eyes upon the Lamb of God. They thus receive their lesson. Whosoever will come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me. He whose eyes are fixed on Jesus will leave all. He will die to selfishness. He will believe in all the Word of God, which is so gloriously and wonderfully exalted in Christ.  {6BC 1113.1}  

Hanging upon the cross Christ was the gospel. . . . This is our message, our argument, our doctrine, our warning to the impenitent, our encouragement for the sorrowing, the hope for every believer. If we can awaken an interest in men's minds that will cause them to fix their eyes on Christ, we may step aside, and ask them only to continue to fix their eyes upon the Lamb of God.-- Manuscript 49, 1898.  {7ABC 458.2}

Christ was acquainted with the Scriptures, for He met all the temptations of the devil with "It is written." Arguments and reasons would have been of no avail, but "It is written" showed that Christ, the tempted One, had His feet upon solid, immovable rock. We are to learn these lessons from the Word, hanging them in memory's hall, and thus preparing to meet Satan with the only weapon which will repulse him--"It is written." All things written in the law and in the prophets are true, and they carry the proof of it in themselves. Nothing is gained by endeavoring to prove by argument the divine origin of the Bible. It is its own expositor. It carries its own keys; scripture unlocks scripture. If we do not see the truth in the Bible, it is because our opinions and prejudices have not been laid at the door of investigation. "If our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: in whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them" [2 Corinthians 4:3, 4]. "For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God" [1 Corinthians 1:18].--Ms 40, 1895, p. 2. ("Education," no date.)  {2MR 96.1

(2 Cor 1:3-4) Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.

Light In The Clouds

In Christ; and through The Spirit; "there is always a little Light..."  (Micah 7:8).