ClubAdventist is back!

We Do Not Talk About How Great Our Church Is

Stan

ONE THING WE DO NOT TALK ABOUT..... is how great our Church is.

Every week about 20,000 people commit their life to Christ via Baptism.

Every week about 100 new Churches, companies or groups meet for the very first time.

Every week thousands. perhaps Hundreds of Thousands are introduced to a loving Christ for the first time.

So many Medical and Health innovations have come out of the Adventist system.

A HUGE world wide School System, that has the material and teachers to point young impressionable minds to Christ.

A HUGE, perhaps the largest, medical system in the world to relief pain and suffering.

Sure people can find flaws here and there in all of these...

It estimated, that just under 1/2 of 1% of the entire world's population comes to an Adventist Church every Sabbath.

The ADVENTIST CHURCH is my Church and I am proud of it, and proud to say that I belong to it, and my head is high when I can say that I work for it.

If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses.

https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist

Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stan

• skyblue888

• Naomi

• JonathanPenner

• Administrators

flower Thank you Stan.

It is really refreshing to see something positive about the SDA Church posted here.

If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God

And we have some of the best media ministries. Comparing our media ministries like Vibrant Life, Signs of The Times, Voice of Prophecy, It Is Written, and The Hope Channel.

Now I ask myself, what am I doing to let others know?

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

Where ever I have gone.. be it Africa, the Artic Circle, South Pacific, Europe etc etc I have met a lot of great folks who make me proud to be an Adventist.

• Administrators

Sometimes I think we have to get out of our area (comfort zone)to fully appreciate our church and it's members.

So many give so much and are happy to do so. I know I need a dose of seeing those dear saints often.

Naomi

• Administrators

BTY, Thank you Stan for starting this thread. It is refreshing and a good place to count our blessings. It is such an honor to be a part of The Great Adventist Movement.

As the end draws nearer the interest and excitement is dramatically increasing.

Even so come Lord Jesus!

Naomi

I was just telling my pastor today that I will not apologize for Mrs. White. Her writings have been used to bash and abuse folks often, but that doesn't change the fact that she is God's messenger for our church today.

Every prophet was sent at a time necessary for God's people to hear His messages for them. Until someone else comes along, Mrs. White is our prophet for this time.

So, along with being very thankful and happy to be a Bible believing Adventist, I'll also continue to thank God for His timely messages to me through Ellen.

This is such a good positive thread and well worth reading. Too often we focus on the negative. I am very proud to be a part of this church too and I too make no apologies for Ellen White and her writings. God is the one in control of His Church. Sure there are problems but, they are very small and God is very great!

This thread reminds me of how I felt when I first became an Adventist (at 16) ... and naively thought everyone else in the church was, like me, there because they knew Christ, wanted to be there, and chose it.

"After such knowledge, what forgiveness?" -- T.S. Eliot

It's pretty easy to get bummed at seeing the faults in ourselves and others. It's a great source of discouragement and cynicism. So, I made a decision some time ago to remember that:

1) All churches, even vibrant ones, are still homes for sinners. We can't expect ourselves and others to just drop our sinful natures at the door of the church (or homes of members we visit). God doesn't require that we bury our baggage before coming into His presence.

2) All confessed sins are buried in the depths of the sea. It's not my calling or job to rake up that mud and cast it before anyone. If God buried my sins, I need to show the same respect to the graveyard of the sins of my brothers/sisters.

3) God LOVES kids. So, my calling is to become as a child in trust, love, acceptance. That's VERY difficult for me, but it's possible.

4) Just like having other types of faith, It's possible for God to renew your faith in yourself and others. It does wonders for maintaining a positive attitude everyday.

5) Committing to love one's spouse is not based on feelings. Committing to love oneself or others is the same... feelings cannot be the basis in our relationships.

6) Never take getting screwed personally.

It's working for me so far.

• Administrators

A few months ago there was an article in the Adventist Review, "Growing Up Adventist: No Apologies Needed." It spoke to me in a real way. Words in my heart, put on paper by James Nix.

The church has evolved ... sometimes in a good way ... sometimes not. We should be careful of too many changes. It's never good to throw the baby out with the bath!

Naomi

Now if only those who had the privilege of growing up Adventist would stop excluding and marginalizing those who did not ... and start realizing what those who did not might need in their lives ... the core that needs change the most is the corruption inherent in the human social dynamic and the abuse of power/position for one's personal biases. Nothing more, nothing less, than what Jesus Himself addressed so often in His ministry. These are the dysfunctions that need rooting out. There is much to love about this church ... but unless those dysfunctions are rooted out and forsaken, they will hamper and taint all that.

Now if only those who had the privilege of growing up Adventist would stop excluding and marginalizing those who did not ....

The reverse is also very true

Never happened on my end.

Who is the responsible party here? Is it the province of the poor to see to it that the wealthy are fed and kept comfortable, and continually empowered to oppress, marginalize, diminish and exclude them? Have they no right to try and redress the imbalance in the status quo? To voice a protest against a corrupt human system that keeps them pressed under and treated like non-entities (or worse, maliciously vilified as "satanically trying to promote self" if they dare raise the issue) while others, in some cases dead spiritually themselves and simply "in the way" of the Work going forward, continue to squat on their thrones like dead weight, thriving and prospering on the dubious popularity of their own hand-selected "in crowd"?

No church is perfect and I have found a lot depends on me. I actually have more to say about my spiriutal experience with the church than anyone else in the church does. When given lemons I can spit them out of make lemonaid. That decision is up to me.

I have been a member of cold churches in the past. I am currently a member of a wonderful, loving church. So I understand both sides of that coin.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

A perfect Church would no longer be perfect after I joined it..

When given Lemons, forget the lemonade, unless you have lots of sugar... give the 'gift' back.. :)

• 2 months later...

The ADVENTIST CHURCH is my Church and I am proud of it, and proud to say that I belong to it, and my head is high when I can say that I work for it.

"Let him who boasts, boast in the Lord."