ClubAdventist is back!

We Do Not Talk About What Christ Means to Us

Stan

We do not talk about what Christ means to us.

We no longer have a sharing time in Churches or Prayer meeting that we can gain so much encouragement by listening to someone's testimony.

Listening to the results of those who abide in Christ.. what a blessing...

If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses.

https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist

Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com

Quote:
We do not talk about what Christ means to us.

It's because we don't know how, Stan...

We haven't had it modeled to us and as a result, we just don't know how to do that....And many times, those who do attempt to talk about what Christ means to them, sounds so hollow, so empty, so un-human, so mechanized. It's just isn't appealing....and we know it.

So we let those who minister to us, by preaching, the few who talk up on the platform, who talk between songs, model the talk about Christ....at least, they talk about Christ WHEN we allow them to [just on the plateform], and we want what they say to sound real, and we want it to sound good and appealing.

Doesn't that reassure you that we have professionals who know how to talk THE talk?

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

Quote:
and we want what they say to sound real, and we want it to sound good and appealing.

/me thinks, "glad someone else said it, and not me. Now, what was it I was reading just the other day about the Great Controversy and Reality..."

Is it that we are conscious that we are not sure that our words and actions ALWAYS match, and we don't want to be thought of as a hypocrite? We are conscious of real tendency to be watched and criticised -- even if they don't say it?

"Grace is God doing for us, in us and through us that which He requires of us but which is impossible for us to do in or for ourselves."

But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." 2 Cor. 12:9.

• Administrators

Beryl,

You are probably right-on! I still stick with my thoughts that the best sermons ever preached are not spoken; they are lived.

{that puts the pressure square on us}

Naomi

If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God