ClubAdventist is back!

The Fathers BODY

ReturntoDar

The prophet tells us that Jesus is the express image of His Father. Jesus has always had a body, in eternity, before time began. Wait, "before" time began? Yes, but thats another subject. The prophet tells us WHEN time began and WHEN time will end. Before time, there only eternity, no beginning, no end, no time in terms we can understand, like years, milleniums, or more. After time is finished, we will return to eternity, time in terms of "years" (a human conception) will once again cease to exist.

Back to the point: Jesus showed His body to Moses in the cleft of the rock. I don't take the meaning of "His backside" to literally mean his back. He covered Moses with His hand and passed in part before him. Jesus, being the "express image" of His Father means His Father also has a body, just like His Son. Adam was created in their image, with a body in the same maneer as the Father of Christ and in the same manner that Jesus would come to earth as a human. The angels have a body, with "wings"? Well, I'm not sure what that means, but "pictures" depict it that way. Clearly the laws of science as we understand them do not apply in every way to heavenly beings. The speed of light? To slow, angels move from heaven to earth in little more than the time it takes to think about it! They can pass through walls, literally, because the laws of physics as we understand them, do not apply to heavenly beings. Yet, there ARE laws of physics that DO apply, we just don't know how or what these are. Can angels be in more than one place at a time? They can't, they have a body. Can the Father of Christ and His Son, who also have bodies, be in more than one place at a time? THAT is WHY they have a "representative", their Holy Spirit, without a physical body, the Spirit can be everywhere at once.

• Moderators

Your position on the Trinity is yours.  It is clearly not the position of the Seventh-day Adventist Chruch.

Gregory

My position echo's Ellen Whites position. "God is the Father of Christ. Christ is the Son of God." The Jews did not believe her, niether do modern SDA's. Your issues are with the Holy Ghost, not me.

Trinity issues are a smoke screen and a distraction. The question is simple: DO you believe Jesus is the Son of God? Yes, or no, this is a salvational question. Let each answer in their own heart. Many will hear Jesus declare, "I don't know you". Because they didn't know Him. Even though, they loudly proclaimed to have known Him and even worked miracels in His name...

• Members
23 hours ago, ReturntoDar said:

The prophet tells us that Jesus is the express image of His Father.

I believe she means His actual body? I believe she means His character is that of His Father's?? Just like at creation when He said let us make Man in Our image???

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

The Father and the Son are of one substance, yet, independent personalities. Express image, means just what it says, the Son, in every regard and detail, is the express image of His Father. Adam was in the image of God, and Jesus, but was not the express image in every detail. The important take away here is straight forward: Jesus is the Son of God, His Father. The bible is abundantly clear on this, as is Ellen White. Jesus is, at the same time, eternal, divine, and like the Father, has life of Himself. He is fully equal to the Father in every regard. Jesus is the creator, all things were created by Him and for Him. This was the Fathers will. The Trinity issue is a huge distraction because: if you don't grasp that who Jesus is, which is fundamental to the gospel, any further discussion becomes pointless. Many SDA do not even know who God, the Father of Christ is, let alone His Son. Literally, MANY young SDA who have grown up in our schools and Churches do not have a clear concept of God. Is He a spirit? Does He have a body, is a guestion that has never even entered their mind! God is three, or something, most SDA, especially the young, but many adults, are very fuzzy on the whole concept of who IS God? I was blown away when this began to become clear, as I began to ask around of others and got many strange answers, Clearly, we, as a people, have lost sight of who the Father of Christ and Christ Himself really are. The typical SDA solution: jump right away to "trinity" issues, dismiss the discussion, berat the very questions, and terminate the discussion... I tell you this, as I consider this issue I conclude THIS IS the Omega that Ellen White said would come. It is here, "we" don't even know who God or His Son really are. Startling!!!

Question: Who is Jesus? Most probable answer from SDA: He is the Son of God. This is NOT the official position of the Church, and THAT is the problem!

• Members
On 12/17/2022 at 8:57 PM, phkrause said:

I believe she means His actual body?

This should actually say "I don't believe she means His actual body?"

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

Thanks for that clarification PK, I do the same thing! Stating exactly opposite of what I meant due to a typo! LOL. I get it.

I believe (for sure) Ellen White is repeating what Jesus said to her, just as He said it: Jesus, "I am the express image of my Father", His words, not Ellen White's words. We know for a certainty that Jesus and His Father are of the same substance. They are just alike in terms of goals, opinions, and attitudes, they are absolutely identical in every detail. If you have seen (know of) Jesus, then you have seen the Father. Again, these are the very words of Jesus Himself. I believe Him, I believe Ellen White has reported exactly what Jesus said to her on this same position. Yet, they remain, two separate and distinct personalities. Jesus is the creator of all things. Where did that come from? From His Father of course, Jesus inherited every aspect of His Father. This is primarily the thrust of Waggoner and the 1888 message, which the Church rejected. Waggoners fundamental and number 1 issue was this: You MUST understand that Jesus is equal to God in all regards. IF you don't understand this basic fact, then all that follows, in regards to the righteouss by faith message, will NOT sink in. It will NOT take hold. You will misunderstand, question, and ultimately reject the message.

Waggoner was right: today we STILL continue to dispute, offer false assumptions and outright argue over the qualifications of Jesus to BE a Savior. Whether we realize that or not. THIS was the very thrust of the R by F message. If you don't know WHO Jesus is, then you CANNOT grasp the true understanding of the R by F message. SDA, formally, as a point of fact, reject that Jesus is the Son of God. Stunning. Amazing. Startling. And what is even more surprising, very few SDA even realize they ARE doing this and that it has been the formal position of the Church since 1980. NOT ONE pioneer, NOT ONE believed as the SDA believe today on the nature of Christ. I am not being fanatical, this is TRUTH, it has all the characteristics of the OMEGA error Ellen White said would follow. The ALPHA, concerned itself with the nature of God. The OMEGA is doing the same in a similar manner. This is no coincidence.

• Gregory Matthews locked this topic