ClubAdventist is back!

Examining God’s character – His attributes....

Robert

I had a little trouble finding Mal. 4:16 since the chapter doesn't go that far. But I did find something in 3:16. However it sounds to me like the book is a list of the Saints not sinners. I am wondering if there is a book of sinners.

Like you say ... it would seem that we would have to review their deeds in the judgment. Right?

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Robert

• LifeHiscost

• Gerr

• DaveM1936

Rev 20:14 This is the second death, the lake of fire. 15 And if anyone’s name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

Rev 3:5 He who overcomes shall thus be clothed in white garments; and I will not erase his name from the book of life...

Matt 22:10 But when the king came in to look at the guests, he saw there a man who had no wedding garment; 12 and he said to him, ‘Friend, how did you get in here without a wedding garment?’ And he was speechless. 13 Then the king said to the attendants, ‘Bind him hand and foot, and cast him into the outer darkness; there men will weep and gnash their teeth.’ 14 For many are called, but few are chosen.

The "wedding garment" = those clothed in white garments. This is the righteousness of Christ. Those who have Christ have their names entered into "the book of life". "He who has the Son has life."

The question is does God actually throw those whose names are not in the book of life into the lake of fire?

Rev 20:14 This is the second death, the lake of fire.

The question is does God actually throw those whose names are not in the book of life into the lake of fire?

No! What is the second death? It is goodbye to life forever because there is no resurrection in your future!

There's only one man that has experienced the 2nd death and that man if the Son of Man - Jesus Christ. How did that death occur? Did God the Father have Christ murdered? No, but it looks like He did from the following:

"I [God] will strike the Shepherd...." Mark 14:27

Originally Posted By: Robert
Rev 20:14 This is the second death, the lake of fire.

There's only one man that has experienced the 2nd death and that man if the Son of Man - Jesus Christ. How did that death occur? Did God the Father have Christ murdered? No, but it looks like He did from the following:

"I [God] will strike the Shepherd...." Mark 14:27

Jesus' own words give a glimpse of what really happened:

"My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?" (Mark 15:34).

"He [God] that spared not his own Son, but delivered [abandoned] Him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?" (Romans 8:32, KJV; Romans 4:24, 25). It was the Father who delivered Him (or released Him) to the destructive forces around Him. (See also Matthew 26:2, 14, 15; 27:18; Mark 10:33, 34; 14:10; 15:1, 11; Luke 22:4; Acts 2:23.)

Hmmm... 21688 is the current count. Personally, I believe this to be one of the most important subjects. Why? If your view of God is off then your religious views will no doubt be warped.

Rob