ClubAdventist is back!

GC Session Coming to San Antonio, 2015

Key Guy

(From the San Antonio Express News)

"City officials on Tuesday booked the largest convention in San Antonio's history.

The Seventh-day Adventists have chosen San Antonio to hold their General Conference Session in July 2015 — bringing about 100,000 delegates to the city during 11 days.

This would be the largest meeting — in terms of attendees — to come to the Alamo City, and it is expected to bring with it tens of millions of dollars."

Full Text.. http://www.mysanantonio.com/business/stories/MYSA101106.01A.SeventhDayAdventist.361466c.html

• Administrators

100 000 people all in one place? That's scary!!! Just think of the lineups for the restrooms!

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Administrators

Restroom?? :---) :--) A Detail!! Gail, remember someone shared a solution with us. rollingsmile

Anyone who has been to San Antonio and knows the convention area knows what a traffic & parking nightmare it is. Very good walking shoes would be good and a hotel with a shuttle!

One of the worse areas in the nation for parking, etc ... and I think I've worked convention centers in the majority of US cities

But, it is a really beautiful city. No pain, no gain ... lots of good things to say about it! I have never been there that I didn't truly enjoy myself.

If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God

San Antonio is a beautiful city, especially along the riverwalk. It gets kinda hot and humid in mid summer though. Good luck finding veggie tex mex.

DB

I prayed for twenty years but received no answer until I prayed with my legs.

Frederick Douglass

• Administrators

Quote:
Good luck finding veggie tex mex

Ah, come-on now. There are always a lot of dishes made with beans and rice. cool2 And, most good places will substitute spinach (Oops!!) for meat.

• Moderators

Would it not be great if this GC did not happen in San Antonio - because we were all meeting where there are no parking problems....but assuming it does go ahead - the city sounds a nice place.

• Administrators

Excellenet thought Nan ... we well may be meeting in that beautiful place ... a friend & I were visiting last evening and she said much the same.

A lot can happen in 9 years.... If still here, I'll still be celebrating the anniversity of my 39th birthday!

• Moderators

Re: " . . . and it is expected to bring with it tens of millions of dollars."

From a group that has been said to break neither the ten-commandments, nor a ten dollare bill during their stay!

Gregory

• Administrators

Quote:
From a group that has been said to break neither the ten-commandments, nor a ten dollare bill during their stay!

ROFL Oh, you've heard that too. Must be a "shared" bit of informaiton.

Well the City's Convention Dept probably only saw numbers and predicted potential dollars.