ClubAdventist is back!

Revelation

Gregory Matthews

• Moderators

Revelation is a book authored by a SDA Scholar that has been published by a non-SDA publisher, and widely praised by non-SDAs. This book is an additional resource for those who will study the Sabbath school lessons beginning in April  The following link will take you to more information on this book.

http://bakerpublishinggroup.com/books/revelation/344501

Gregory

• Moderators

I've read this commentary; OUTSTANDING!!! 

May I also recommend the commentary on Revelation by George McCready Price "The Time of the End". Written in the 1960s but still relevant. A mystery is that when it came to the creation story, Price was an extreme Fundamentalist. However his commentaries (I've read "Time of the End" a few times. I only took a quick look at his book on Daniel. but reading about him and these, he was far more open minded and thoughtful and got away from tradition in his Biblical Studies.

Price and Tonstad's commentaries are the best commentaries on Revelation from Adventism. While non-Adventist, Craig Koester's commentary on Revelation in the Anchor Bible, and his class on the Apocalypse from the Teaching Company, "The Great Courses" are also well worth our time and money in studying Revelation.