ClubAdventist is back!

Freddy Fender

Naomi

• Administrators

Due to his choice of occupation and "public" life style many may question my posting here on C/A of the passing of a long-time friend, Freddie Fender. As the world says goodbye to a star, a talented song writer and winner of many awards his family and friends say goodbye to a man who had a heart as big as all outdoors. To a man who, in his words, "Picked too many crops and too many strings."

I know Freddie's deep trust in God; I know not what was in his heart on the day of his death. I pray that he had made a complete peace. Some things we shall not know this side of Heaven.

So, to a friend I say goodbye and pray that his family can find comfort in our Lords grace.

If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God

I enjoyed his music and am saddened to learn of his death, especially way too soon.

Halfstep Denise

"If you're all God has, is God in trouble?

-- Dr. Frederick K.C. Price

Down here in the Valley, Freddy Fender is like Elvis Presley. I wouldn't be surprised if they build a museum for him in San Benito. They already have a muriel of his face painted on the city's watertower.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

• Administrators

Is that the "Wasted days and wasted nights" guy?

I remember him as a rather rotund, curly-haired fellow

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Administrators

Hey Shane,

You're right, they might build a museum for him. I lived in the condo next to his on S Padre and he was a really nice guy. From time-to-time we kept in touch.

If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God