ClubAdventist is back!

The Mysterious Relationship With God

Dr. Shane

The difference between an interaction and a relationship is a matter of frequency.  It's a product of the quality, depth, and time you spend interacting with another person. (Dr. Travis Bradberry. Emotional Intelligence 2.0, p. 44)

We talk a lot about Christianity being a relationship with God.  Yet, the way we define relationship varies from one person to another.  A relationship definitely has interaction.  However, interaction, all by itself, doesn't constitute a relationship.  The determining factor is frequency.  How often does one interact with God and at what point does that integration become a relationship?  Many Christians would answer that by saying daily interaction.  Yet, other Christians would say it needs to be more often than once a day.  Some will insist they must spend at least an hour in Bible study, prayer and meditation in order to maintain their relationship.

My experience is that I need at least an hour, which can be divided into three or four different periods throughout the day.  When I spend less than an hour, my anxiety level edges up and I know things are just not right.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity