ClubAdventist is back!

What is The Chosen?

Dr. Shane

The Chosen is directed by Dallas Jenkins.  He is the son of Jerry Jenkins, author of the Left Behind series.  I doubt many Adventists are fans of Jerry.  Dallas has an incredible imagination and he brings that to his TV series, The Chosen.  Dallas is an evangelical so much of his theology falls in line with Adventist theology.  He is influenced  by a Catholic priest, Evangelical scholar and Messianic Jewish rabbi.  They read the scripts and provide commentary to him.  He has admitted changing things due to their feedback.

Here are some thoughts from Ellen White about using our imagination.

Let us in imagination go back to that scene, and, as we sit with the disciples on the mountainside, enter into the thoughts and feelings that filled their hearts. (MB 1)

It would be well for us to spend a thoughtful hour each day in contemplation of the life of Christ. We should take it point by point, and let the imagination grasp each scene, especially the closing ones. As we thus dwell upon His great sacrifice for us, our confidence in Him will be more constant, our love will be quickened, and we shall be more deeply imbued with His spirit. If we would be saved at last, we must learn the lesson of penance and humiliation at the foot of the cross. (DA p. 83)

I will post some more threads in the upcoming days.  To make it easy, in the title block, I will post the Season number and Episode number being discussed in the thread.  That will also make it easier for people browsing the forum to know what is being discussed in each thread.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity