ClubAdventist is back!

Season 1 Eps 6 Nicodemus and Ellen G. White

Dr. Shane

Did Nicodemus make the case for Christians today to consider the teachings of Ellen G. White?  Starting at minute marker 1:27 in the video clip below Nicodemus asks Schmuel, "So you would place limits on the Almighty?"  In the episode, Nicodemus is making the case for the possibility that God could incarnate Himself as a Man.  Nicodemus continues, "And if God did something that you felt contradicted the Torah, would you tell Him to get back in that box that you have carved for Him? Or would you question your interpretation of the Torah?"  A bit later he says, "fear alone ensures we remain ignorant, asleep in the safety of rigid tradition."  Then, "I don't want to live in some bleak past where God cannot do anything new, do you?"  Finally, "Let's look to the ancient roads where the good way is and walk in it, as Jeremiah says.  And still keep our eyes open to the startling and unexpected."

This same argument being used in this episode to consider the incarnation of God can be used to consider an end-time prophet.  Many Christians claim the gift of prophecy died with the disciples and cling to church tradition instead of applying Biblical tests to the claims of modern-day prophets.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

• 7 months later...
On 4/19/2023 at 8:47 PM, Dr. Shane said:

Many Christians claim the gift of prophecy died with the disciples and cling to church tradition instead of applying Biblical tests to the claims of modern-day prophets.

Mrs White claimed that she was "shown what did take place" on October twenty-second 1844.  In a "first vision," she describes how Jesus was first dressed in special garments, and then entered the Most Holy Place.  She then "saw" Christ IN the Most Holy Place, standing before the Ark.   He was dressed in the glorious garments with the breastplate, blue ephod, golden "crown."  But according to the Torah (Leviticus 16:4), those constitute the WRONG ATTIRE for the Most Holy Place, on the Day of Atonement.  

On the Day of Atonement, the High Priest was to wear garments of plain white linen when he entered the Most Holy Place.  The "golden garments" were for every OTHER day of the year.  

So.  If Mrs White has it WRONG, in her very first vision, why would I then regard her as a prophet speaking for Yehovah. 

Could be that she just got the interpretation of the vision, wrong.  Maybe the vision was to tell the disappointed believers that it was NOT the Day of Atonement, because Christ was not in the attire FOR the Day of Atonement.   

I do not believe that Heaven is divided in to separate apartments.  I believe the two apartments of the Tabernacle were  a prophecy foretelling separate EVENTS.   

8thdaypriest