ClubAdventist is back!

Season 1 Eps 3 Let Go & Let God

Dr. Shane

Accepting the inevitability of pain is one of the most difficult things for us to accept.  We want the world to be fair.  When it isn't fair, we want justice.  If we can't get justice, we want closure.  It is simply difficult to accept that bad things happen to us and we should just let it go.  In this episode, the creators of The Chosen have Jesus teaching the children about how to live in an unfair world.  At minute marker 1:20 He says, "You want things to be fair.  When someone wrongs you, you want to right it?"  The boy He is speaking to nods his head in agreement.  He feels validated.  Jesus understands him.  Jesus then goes on to explain that vengeance belongs to God. The creators of The Chosen have Abigail answer when Jesus asks what the Law of Moses says about vengeance and justice.  This is another example of this TV series respecting women and giving them roles with influence. 

Jesus than asks the children to finish the verse from Deuteronomy 32:36.  "He will have compassion on them when their strength is gone."  My experience has been I only become willing to let go and let God when I get sick and tired of being sick and tired.  But it doesn't have to be that way.  In faith, I can turn my battles over to God without having to force a solution myself.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity