ClubAdventist is back!

Season 1 Eps 5 Her Husband Came Home

Dr. Shane

Simon encounters Jesus.  That is when things change.  Previously we saw his wife being brutally honest with him.  She told him why he was stuck and that maybe God could get his attention.  If you have ever had a child leave the church that was once faithful and loyal, that is how the character Eden, in this series, is being shown to have felt.  Her husband was once loyal to God but had strayed.  He had gotten himself in trouble.  He was looking at financial ruin, perhaps prison or death.  And she sent him away to go fish.  Now in episode 5 he comes back after a night of fishing.  She is going on with life as usual.  He tells her of his encounter.  I love how he draws on the story of Elijah and Elisha.  Sometimes God calls us just like that and we have to make a decision.

My conversion was slow.  It was what psychologists call the educational variety.  There are many people that attend evangelistic crusades and respond to an alter call.  Others that watch a religious program and make a decision to request Bible studies.  The educational variety is the type where a person collects little bits of information here and there and eventually becomes a believer.  Many people that experience the educational variety of conversion (like me) cannot point back to a specific date or time when they consciously decided to accept Jesus.  

Eden's reaction is like the father of the prodigal son.  Her husband came home.  The night before she had told him that he was not the man she married.  After Simon encounters Jesus, the man she married came home.  At minute marker 3:50 Simon tells Eden he doesn't know how he will provide.  She says that she doesn't care.  He asks why she is crying.  She answers, because Someone finally sees in you what I have always seen.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity