ClubAdventist is back!

We do not talk about us becoming a Denomination

Stan

I do not believe the intend was for us to become 'just another denomination' we were to be a movement...

The question is: CAN WE BE BOTH???

If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses.

https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist

Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com

• Administrators

Why can't we be both? We are a movememt as intended, but a denomination for the necessity of structure.

We will always be the Great Adventist Movement, IMO

If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God

Good point, Stan.

If we are just another denomination, then we are right to sit at the feet of the Roman Catholics, and drink from the pool of Willow Creek. However..

The Adventist 'church' is no ordinary body. It is a movement, called of God to prepare a dying world for the soon return of the Lord Jesus. An understanding of the prophecies of Daniel & The Revelation by the Hand of God, led to the formation of this last "message bearer" to Earth. The Adventist church has an understanding of prophecy that is far beyond anything I've ever seen. The Adventist people also possess a knowledge of Jesus and His Life & Ministry that is thrilling. Yet along with that insight comes a responsibility. Lest you think I am bragging (I'm not), may I say that the church is full of people who struggle and sometimes fail, just as I do. The good news is: Jesus accepts sinners, and invites us to grow in Him as a perfect body. In the words of Paul: "this is a mystery," but it is also a reality. God is calling together a people who want to know Him, and will walk where He walks.

olger

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

• 3 weeks later...

How many of us say "SDA" instead of spelling it out. SDA doesn't mean anything to non adventists. even just saying "Adventist" us lumping us with other groups than our own.

Also many of us don't know the D is in small letters! I'm not sure how important that is, but it is a fact.

• Moderators

I do not believe the intend was for us to become 'just another denomination' we were to be a movement...

The question is: CAN WE BE BOTH???

There is the Seventh-day Adventist Reform Movement. They think we've pretty much fallen away or at least that we are not practicing all the known truths, so they would say we've already become "just another denomination." I don't agree, although I do agree with much that they say. Of course they agree with SDA's on all our official doctrines. It is just that they say the SDAs do it right on paper but that we don't do it in practice. They also say we no longer speak in unity on many doctrines. I have to agree, I'm afraid. But neither do I believe God wants us to break off from the main body of the organized church. I still love my church, i.e., the SDA people, in spite of our being very imperfect.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

• 4 weeks later...

As a new member of the Seventh Day Adventist church I find myself in an interesting position. First of all I love my church I love the people there. Second I do believe that the SDA church really has the right direction for the Lord. My problem arises when we are given the one talent and we bury it with the problems of life. I feel that we are lacking and falling short on all that we can do and more for the Lord. Like this SDA is getting lost in traditions and forgetting its main Goal. Will we in the 11th hour be found short? That is why I feel a great burden to shake them up and wake the sleeping saints. For a battle is happening right under our noses and we are losing because life's problems are drowning us. Some us are having bible classes after fellowship and have agreed that a revival needs to take place from within. So this week we are all praying for repentance and that any hidden sins might be reavealed and cleansed and forgiven then we will start the fasting and prayer. If anyone feels like this just send me a message.God Bless

Hi God's Oath,

Welcome the God's Remnant church, the Seventh-Day Adventist church. Also, Welcome to Club Adventist.

Quote:
First of all I love my church I love the people there.
That is great, keep that spirit!

Quote:
Second I do believe that the SDA church really has the right direction for the Lord.
You are right and will continue to see this as you grow in grace.

Quote:
My problem arises when we are given the one talent and we bury it with the problems of life.

I understand what you mean my friend. Here's what I would do at your early stage in being a Seventh-Day Adventist. Do not be overly concerned with "They" or "Them" but rather concentrate and "I" or "You"

While it is good to have a concern for the church as a young Christian, if you focus on "they" or "Them" you may become discouraged.

In starting this post you were doing well but then your problem became "We". You will be disapointed over and over again if you focus on others.

Even though you are a young Seventh Day Adventist focus on the Lord and let Him direct you so that you can become an inspiration to the others. Also, find others in you church who are serious and devoted to God and do what you can to be with them.

1Ti 4:12 Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity.

If you don't understand what I am getting at please let me know,

God bless you,

Norman

The unconditional pardon of sin never has been, and never will be. PP 522

Hi Ellen,

I just saw this thread and noticed what you posted,

Quote:
How many of us say "SDA" instead of spelling it out. SDA doesn't mean anything to non adventists.

Thank you for reminding me of this, I am guilty of typing SDA because it's quicker. But since you posted this I will stop doing that. It was a good reminder especially after reading David Batter's post with EGW comments.

BTW I used to live in Cornwall Ontario untill 1999, I enjoyed living in Ontario. Pastor Rob Putt was my pastor along with others.

Norman

The unconditional pardon of sin never has been, and never will be. PP 522

• Moderators

As a new member of the Seventh Day Adventist church I find myself in an interesting position. First of all I love my church I love the people there. Second I do believe that the SDA church really has the right direction for the Lord. ...So this week we are all praying for repentance and that any hidden sins might be reavealed and cleansed and forgiven then we will start the fasting and prayer. If anyone feels like this just send me a message.God Bless

What a refreshing, wonderful attitude! That's great to read.

I want to welcome you into the church family and say how I happy I am to see people with your viewpoint becoming a member. I hope and pray nothing ever dampens your spirit.

I agree with everything you said. God bless.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

Thank you Norman and John317 for the warm welcome! :-)

Norman, thank you so much for that verse:

1Ti 4:12 Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity.

I was really feeling like I had no right to ask certain questions since I am just a newbie. You are also right in that I was becoming frustrated in the inaction of others instead of focusing on my relationship with the Lord. Today I have found someone in church and together we are starting to pray for the rest of them that said they were going to pray in one accord. :-)

John317, I'll need ALL the prayers that you can throw my way. Lol :-) (I hope that is a correct way of saying that.)

Go Bless.