ClubAdventist is back!

Texas A&M

Dr. Shane

I got my letter of acceptance today for Texas A&M Kingsville.  I will be taking one class in the Fall.  I earned my master's degree in marriage and family therapy at the Seventh-day Adventist university in Mexico.  There are a handful of classes that were not offered in that program that are part of the graduate programs in Texas.  Thus, I will be taking a couple classes each year for the next few years to fill in the gaps.  If I were to go full-time, I could complete all of them in two semesters but I don't plan to do that.  Counseling is a ministry I do but I earn a living in construction management.  I don't know exactly where God is taking me but for now, I plan to continue doing what He has me doing.  Getting accepted into A&M was a hurdle.  My undergraduate GPA from Minnesota State was not good enough for me to get accepted as a graduate student.  I had to get my Mexican transcripts evaluated professionally.  That cost about $300.  Then, I had to get my master's degree legalized in Mexico (a process not done in the US) and have the school there send my documents directly to A&M via DHL.  That whole process cost me over $600.  Those costs made the $25 application fee look pretty small.  My GPA from graduate school in Mexico was 4.0 so, that is how I got into A&M.  I will not graduate from A&M.  I will just take a few classes.

This is all for ministry.  Let's see where God leads me.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

I think I just registered for my first class at A&M.  I had to use the student portal and it seemed a bit complicated to me.  I realized that is the first time I have registered for a class myself since my undergraduate days. While studying for my master's at Montemorelos and later my doctorate at seminary, my advisor registered me for all my classes.  I got spoiled.  Tomorrow I have to check and make sure I got the right class.  I need the online option.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity