ClubAdventist is back!

Evangelism & The Great Controversy

Gregory Matthews

On 6/4/2023 at 2:29 PM, Daryl said:

EGW did say that there were some errors in D&R, however, she still recommended it.

Where did she identify the errors in D&R?

I've found nothing Ellen's writings that depart from D&R and in fact found she confirmed those things. 

On 6/9/2023 at 8:17 PM, Gregory Matthews said:

The following link takes you to an article that reports on one such distribution and the PR effect this had for the SDA church in the community.

That is incredible.  I doubt most mailings gain that much attention.  If they did, I would probably support them.  When the Holy Spirit touches the heart, one will either be drawn to It or push away.  This story out of Oregon shows the Holy Spirit at work.  It is almost too great for me to believe.  For every person that didn't like the book, we can figure there was one that did.  That pastor should not have been upset.  She should have been singing praises to the Almighty.  God is good. 

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

On 5/31/2023 at 5:57 AM, Gregory Matthews said:

What could happen if each SDA Congregation were given a check of $45.45 for  each member. 

Probably not a lot would happen, simply because evangelism is something neither members or clergy understand. The ICOC, denounced as a dangerous cult by most mainline churches and banned from campuses by some college chaplains, gathered thousands of young people into its congregations. They raised up a congregation in Glendale, CA while several local SDA churches were depending on membership transfers or children of members for growth. Pastor Carter did the same thing. The ICOC was designed to attract college age youth and fostered a culture in which personal evangelism was an integral part of church membership. John Carter used to say that if you have an idea for evangelism that you want to kill, take it to the brethren.  Any new idea is suspect even though the old ideas don't work. The latest evangelistic "tool" is inclusion, i.e., opening the church to GLTQ, etc. As long as they pay tithe and mumble assent to the denominational creed, they are affirmed, which is what they want.