ClubAdventist is back!

Bag with occult symbols in daughter’s possession

Bob Lane

Hello my brothers and sisters in Christ,

Happy Sabbath to all!

I have been confronted with what might be a small issue to some, but to me it is bothering me. I have turned to the Lord in prayer and decided to create an account on this website to be able to discuss this issue with other likeminded SDAs.

My daughter, who is 20 and living at home with me and my wife, recently went on a trip with her aunt to the city. They stopped at a small vegan grocery store and brought some goodies back to us. I was happy until my daughter came home and set the bag on the kitchen table. It was one of those reuse-able cloth bags and it had the name of the market with a symbol on it. It was a pentagram which is associated with the devil and Satan worshippers. I asked her to please throw away the bag because I do not want to invite any unholy beings into my house. She said I was making a big deal of it and got upset, claiming she wanted a keepsake of the fun day with her aunt. 

I did a little digging and found that this grocery store has skull images and other witch-related symbols on their social media pages. 

My daughter is asleep now and the bag is in her room. I am having trouble sleeping because of these worries. As Deuteronomy 18:10-11 says, Let no one be found among you who sacrifices their son or daughter in the fire, who practices divination or sorcery, interprets omens, engages in witchcraft, or casts spells, or who is a medium or spiritistor who consults the dead.

My heart is heavy and I need guidance. Should I take the bag away when she is sleeping? Should I let her keep it? I do not feel comfortable with such symbols in the house.

Thank you all for your wisdom and God bless you.

5 hours ago, Bob Lane said:

Thank you all for your wisdom and God bless you.

Don't know much about parenting but I guess you are going to have a major problem with your daughter if you sneak into her room and remove her property. OTOH, it is your house. You can ask your daughter to take her bag with her and move out or get rid of it if she wants to stay.

Or you could change your own mind and develop a closer relationship with your daughter. This is a matter of conscience for you but not for her. I doubt she is a satanist or will become one because of a pentagram. Matters of conscience are important ones, however. You need to realize the problem is not with the symbols but with your conscience. While I respect your disdain, even fear, of things related to the enemy of mankind it is you who are giving those things the power to interrupt your family's harmony. Intrinsically, they are nothing, as Paul said, "An idol is nothing in this world." They have no power, vibration, energy. They are nothing, unless you make them into something. 

• Like 3

• Moderators

Well, you have found skull images and other witch-related symbols, so you may be correct.  But, I am not convinced.  Let us take a look at the meaning of the pentagram, which seems to be your main focus.

*  In modern times the pentagram has been associated with the worship of Satan.  But, it also has as lot of other meanings.

*  It has been associated with the five wounds of Christ.

*  It represents the human person in Islam.

*  It is associated with the city of Jerusalem in Judaism.

*  It is associated with Wicca.

* It has been associated with the church of Jesus Christ, Latter-day Saints.

*  Its use dated back some 5,000 years.

*  It is associated with China.

*  It is found on Sumerian pottery.

*  It is associated with ancient Greece. 

Again I am not suggesting that you are wrong.  I am only saying that you have not convinced me that your are correct  On that basis I would want more information.  Have you asked the store to inform you of its meaning?  If not why.  The Biblical teaching is that the first step in resolving issues with others to to go to them and ask.  Don't tell them what you think.  Just ask them what it means to them.

NOTE:  I once noticed a strange special order license plate on an automobile owned by a lay SDA person.  I associated that license plate with an ancient Egyptian god.  So, I simply asked the person what  the license plate meant to him.  He gave me an honest answer.

Gregory

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with Pastor Matthews on this one.

Here is a Witch pentagram.

image.jpeg

Here is a standard pentagram. 

image.jpeg

And here is a Satanic / Luciferian pentagram. 

image.png

The store may be owned by a Jewish family, perhaps a Witch or Devil worshiper owns it but likely not 

Anyone living in the 19th century who observed Ellen White during one of her prophetic gift sessions would have been unable to distinguish it from any run of the mill "spirit medium" show which was very common at that time. 

Some times a bag is just a bag.

On 6/10/2023 at 12:23 PM, Bob Lane said:

My heart is heavy and I need guidance.

.image.jpeg

Hi Bob, Try this symbol. Satanic stuff is for losers. The imagery represents  Christ dwelling in the heart, the justifying blood of Christ, faith, the hope of eternal life.

• 3 weeks later...

It’s tough raising kids in this world today with all the evil influences. 
The young think these things are harmless and are curious. They don’t realize the seriousness of the issue. 
Satan works behind the scenes drawing the youth away from God. 

pray pray pray for enlightenment and protection