ClubAdventist is back!

How Should Christians Respond to Pride Month?

phkrause

• Members

June is officially the start of Pride Month. For many Christians, this can be a time of uneasiness. While Christians should not accept homosexuality, we should not be mean or hateful towards them. Jesus wants us to love all people as He does, and this includes homosexuals. Since this is true, we as Christians need to know how to respond to Pride month in a biblical manner.

https://www.crosswalk.com/faith/spiritual-life/how-should-christians-respond-to-pride-month.html?

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I unknowingly stood in solidarity / support of the LGBT Community this last year when I (by a total fluke) had my colonoscopy scheduled and performed on the 1st day of gay pride month.  I wasn't even aware the dates lined up until a co-worker called me late that afternoon and told me how proud he was of me - in my bravery of doing that. In all honesty I was totally clueless and didn't even realize it was gay pride month, let alone the 1st day of it. 

This question also causes another question to pop-up. The question of "moral" or "natural law"!

today, as it was in ancient cultures homosexuality was primarily considered an embarrassment to the family and your ancestors. It was tolerated in ancient Greece, Rome and Arabia and generally kept in the closet. The people who have same sex attraction (for real) wouldn't be convinced in their own mind what they were doing was a sin beyond what an unmarried heterosexual couple would like they would know stealing was wrong. This definitely causes some cognitive dissonance within me. Anyone who knows the mechanics of moral and ceremonial law will understand what I'm getting at here.