ClubAdventist is back!

Kinship

Gregory Matthews

• Moderators

Kinship is an independent organization which is not a formal part of the Seventh-day Adventist denomination.  SDA members may have questions about it.  The link to the following article informs as to the history of Kinship and its objectives.  It is from the informational perspective that I am posting the following link.

https://spectrummagazine.org/news/2023/getting-know-sda-kinship-international-interview-floyd-poenitz

Gregory

If I was a homosexual with an SDA background, looking for another homosexual with an SDA background, I would definitely connect with Kinship; otherwise, I would just check out Grindr.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Great article GM.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

A bit of history about Kinship: ~1980, I noticed an ad in the Advocate magazine for gay SDA to call a certain number in the Southeastern California conference. Being curious rather than gay, I went out there a few days later and met the man who had placed the ad. He was not an SDA himself. He had an affair with the [male] pastor of the SDA church in the area. The pastor, who was engaged to a woman, told her about it. She immediately went to the conference officials who, upon receiving this news, confirmed it with the pastor and terminated his employment. The man who told me this story was appalled by the rough treatment his pastor friend had received; consequently, he placed the ad in the magazine, in hope of providing support to other gay SDA who might be facing ostracism, termination, and the like. 

According to Ron Lawson, this man was one of three individuals who were running ads at that time. Not sure what became of the pastor. Never heard anything more about him, nor the man who had placed the ad. He was remembered in a Kinship article after his death.