ClubAdventist is back!

Even Democrats and NYT Can"t Stomach This Dispicable Behavior

bonnie1962

MAUREEN DOWD

It’s Seven Grandkids, Mr. President

A child stands with her back to the camera, looking at the Lincoln Memorial at night. One of the photos Lunden Roberts posted on Instagram of her daughter during a trip to Washington.

A child stands with her back to the camera, looking at the Lincoln Memorial at night.

By Maureen Dowd

Opinion Columnist

WASHINGTON — Even my Republican sister is not immune to Joe Biden’s gregarious Irish charm.

She met him at media holiday parties over the years and was so impressed that she got seduced to the other side for a time, voting for the Obama-Biden ticket in 2008 and writing in Biden’s name for president in 2012. She sent out a Christmas card one year with a picture of herself cheek to cheek with Biden — and some of her Republican friends stopped speaking to her.

So I was surprised recently when I discovered my sister writing a letter to President Biden, a plea that she had started in the middle of the night, after mulling over the matter for quite a while.

“I watched as you told the nation that you had six grandchildren and you loved each one of them,” she wrote. “I believe that. What I cannot believe and what I find unconscionable is that you refuse to admit or accept the fact that there is a beautiful little 4-year-old girl living in Arkansas by the name of Navy Joan who is your seventh grandchild.”

Peggy wrote about Hunter’s high-priced lawyers going down to Arkansas to make sure Navy could not use the Biden name and to slash child support payments.

Biden accused of ‘scarring’ Hunter’s estranged 4-year-old daughter in scathing New York Times op-ed

By 

In a column titled “It’s Seven Grandkids, Mr. President,” Maureen Dowd excoriated the family-crazy 80-year-old president for cutting granddaughter Navy Joan Roberts, who is the child of Hunter and former stripper Lunden Alexis Roberts, from the Biden family tree.   

“Joe Biden’s mantra has always been that ‘the absolute most important thing is your family.’ It is the heart of his political narrative. Empathy, born of family tragedies, has been his stock in trade,” Dowd wrote. 

“Callously scarring Navy’s life, just as it gets started, undercuts that.”

Despite cultivating an image as a devoted and loving grandfather, Biden for his part, has refused to publicly acknowledge his granddaughter in Arkansas — repeatedly telling the world instead that he has only six grandchildren.

Navy Joan Roberts and Lunden Roberts
Navy Joan Roberts, 4, is the daughter of Hunter Biden and former stripper Lunden Roberts.
lundentownn_/Instagram

In fact, Biden aides have been told in “strategy meetings” for years that the president only has six grandchildren, not seven, which the Times first reported.

White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre this week declined to answer questions about Navy Joan following the report.

“I have six grandchildren, and I’m crazy about them. And I speak to them every single day. Not a joke,” the president said at the White House’s “Take Your Child to Work Day” in April. 

Dowd revealed Saturday that her Republican sister, Peggy, was writing a letter to the president about his treatment of the flaxen-haired child.

Hunter and Beau Biden
Hunter Biden, seen with his 3-year-old son Beau at the White House of July 4, has yet to meet his 4-year-old daughter Navy Joan.
Getty Images

“I watched as you told the nation that you had six grandchildren and you loved each one of them. I believe that,” Peggy Dowd wrote, according to the column.

“What I cannot believe and what I find unconscionable is that you refuse to admit or accept the fact that there is a beautiful little 4-year-old girl living in Arkansas by the name of Navy Joan who is your seventh grandchild.”

“She has the Biden blood running through her veins, and all she is going to have as a reminder of this are some of Hunter’s original paintings; sounds like a lousy trade-off, if you ask me,” Peggy continued.

The years-long child support case between Hunter Biden and Roberts was finally settled last month

Bidens on the 4th of July
Joe and Jill Biden, with Hunter and young Beau, also have not met their seventh grandchild.
AP

Hunter previously claimed that he couldn’t recall meeting Roberts, although text messages from his abandoned laptop show that she was on the payroll of his consulting firm while pregnant with their love child. 

A paternity test confirmed he fathered the girl, and he initially agreed to pay $20,000 in child support, but the settlement stipulated that the embattled first son’s payments would be slashed to $5,000 a month — and Navy Joan would not carry the Biden surname. 

Hunter will instead provide proceeds from an undisclosed number of his art pieces for an undisclosed period of time.

Navy also would be able to keep one of the pieces, and Hunter agreed to cough up Roberts’ attorney fees and court costs. 

Navy Joan Roberts
Biden aides have been repeatedly told over the years that the president has six grandchildren, not seven.
Instagram/@lundentownn_

While Maureen Dowd sympathized with Biden for trying to support his wayward son, she tsked-tsked that the president can’t “defend Hunter on all his other messes and draw the line at accepting one little girl.”

“The president’s cold shoulder — and heart — is counter to every message he has sent for decades, and it’s out of sync with the America he wants to continue to lead,” Dowd wrote. 

Hunter “has never seen or contacted” Navy, and the president and first lady Jill Biden “remain estranged” from her, Roberts claimed in court documents.