ClubAdventist is back!

Have we rightly understood Europe’s role in Daniel 2?

phkrause

• Members

Have political events disproved our traditional Adventist interpretation of the prophetic message of Daniel 2? The feet and toes of the statue that Nebuchadnezzar saw in the dream represent the European nations that follow the dominant iron Roman Empire (Dan. 2:41, 42). The Bible tells us that “they will not adhere to one another, just as iron does not mix with clay” (verse 43). How does this picture square with the geopolitical reality in the twenty-first century?

Read more at: https://adventistreview.org/feature/have-we-rightly-understood-europes-role-in-daniel-2/

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Moderators

The text does not say that they will not adhere for even a short time; the text simply says that it will not last but end in total chaos. 

The number "!0" can also represent a roundness for an idea. 

While Adventist tradition likes to stop at 4 parts of the image, and makes the end the pope, the pope and the pope; both Windandi Perie (spelling?) and Stephen Haskell has 7 parts. I find that their 7 parts fits with the 7 heads of Revelation 13 as presented by George McCredy Price and the 1976 Southern New England Campmeeting "Last Day Events" presentations by J. W. Wood. These 7 parts are:

Babylon

Medio-Persia

Greece

Rome

The Holy Roman Empire/Papal Supremacy (The feet of iron and clay. In the Bible clay represents what God molds; but here instead of it being molded by God, the clay is being molded by the iron, the state. Thus this represents a church-state)

The toes of iron and clay: A time of division, independent countries. some offering more freedom others offering more control.  In Revelation 13 the deadly wound. The head with the 10 horns, and the crowns are on the horns. 

Then an attempt for the toes to join together; the deadly wound being healed. Different from the others since it is not brought about by politics and/or warfare, but the nations uniting in economic cooperation. This 7th head shares the 10 horns with the 6th head.

This will end in total chaos, a time of trouble, earth about to become unable to support life, but the stone cut out without man's hand will come to save us. 

• Like 2

• Members
22 hours ago, Kevin H said:

the 1976 Southern New England Campmeeting "Last Day Events" presentations by J. W. Wood.

Kevin I probably was at those same meetings as you it seems? I was working for the AUC College Press while I'd guess, that you were going to college at AUC??

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Moderators
2 hours ago, phkrause said:

Kevin I probably was at those same meetings as you it seems? I was working for the AUC College Press while I'd guess, that you were going to college at AUC??

Could be. I attended from the fall of 1977 through 1982 spending the 1979-80 year as a Taskforce worker in Brocton NY.  I am so grateful that I got to attend AUC then Andrews during the years that they had the specific faculty members, including that I was at Andrews when an ad went to several seminaries for the Jim Fleming class in Israel.  (Fleming would have fit in very well with AUC's theology/religion department.)