ClubAdventist is back!

My Second Novel

Dr. Shane

I have written several self-published books over the years but not many novels.  The first novel I wrote was while I was in college.  I didn't self-publish it until 2016 when I found it saved on an old floppy drive.  I didn't have a computer with a floppy drive to read it.  The company I worked for had a storage room with a lot of outdated computers that they had never thrown way.  So, I booted one up and was able to open the file from the floppy and save it on a CD.  It was saved in WordPerfect.  I edited it and it is now available on Amazon.  I have given away several copies to youth in the church.  It is available from this link. --> Friends Through The End  "A fictional projection of an end-time story. Just before the return of Jesus, two former special forces warriors flee their persecutors. A former comrade, from their days in the special forces, is assigned to hunt them down, bring them in and convince them to deny their faith and change sides."

I have now started on my second novel.  So, my time on social media is decreasing drastically.  I will be returning to grad school again in the Fall so I am seeing how much of this novel I can complete before then.  The novel is loosely modeled after my life.  It is a real life Batman.  Batman is a successful businessman by day and superhero by night.  My main character is a successful businessman by day and a chaplain-counselor by night.  The businessman storyline takes the reader through the ethical changes and high stress of working in the world of construction management.  The main character, Nick Aldridge, hires an intern (Marco Mendoza) and serves as the young man's mentor.  They win a contract to build a $200 million courthouse.  The main villain is the owner's representative who believes by making Nick and Marco's job more difficult, he will gain a promotion for him self.  As a counselor, Nick run a ministry for troubled teens.  It has a horse ranch with cabins where the teens spend weekends in group and equine therapy.  The storyline includes issues the teens are dealing with as well as Nick's own children.  Nick is torn.  His role in the business world is as a "Daniel" - witnessing to others how Christians are to do business.  His role as a counselor is helping teens heal from trauma so they can live functional lives.  At the end of the book, he is faced with a decision to choose between the two.  

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

• 1 month later...

I finished the rough draft and ordered a paper copy from the publisher.  That is supposed to arrive on September 15.  Then I will read through it and look for spelling and grammar errors.  I may add and tweak a few things too before making everything final.

• 3 weeks later...

I finished.  If you are interested in buying a copy I will post the link below.  I am hoping to participate in this forum a little more often now that I finished the novel.  I am back in graduate school again but part-time.  But, I think I will still be able to post here.  I hope to go back full-time in January for a 9-month course.  We will see how full-time graduate school works with my full-time job.  I will worry about that then.

NOT Just Business