ClubAdventist is back!

Abortion

Gregory Matthews

• Members

Interesting article.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

At what point is the baby/fetus/? expendable according to scripture?  Why doesnt a woman's right to privacy extend to the woman using alcohol or drugs at will? If privacy says she may destroy the ??,where is her privacy rights if she choses to down a six pack?

If the baby?? is destroyed by a drunk driver, what is the justification for charging the driver with vehicular homicide or manslaughter? According to what the article explains there isnt anything biblical that suggests such punishment.

According to the previous law I could have aborted my son at seven months. Born alive I could have denied him comfort care or at the very least I could have denied the heroic efforts of the medical staff to save him. Nothing I read biblically condemns me if my decision had been different than what it was. Obviously many, including SDA christians have voted for my right to let him die by voting pro abortion.

My son is pictured in Members Milestones forum with the plane. Pretty obvious what I delivered that day was a living, breathing little human being. Regardless of the circumstances of his birth, whether thru abortion or simply to early he was a little human being. Yet there are those here who have voted for my right to let him die. After all, his life was only a private matter between my Dr and myself

"23 pairs of chromosomes prove a human being"

Nowhere in the bible does it say the above so that is not relevant. SDA's are far more vocal about the dangers of drinking coffee than destroying "23 pairs of chromosomes". There isn't any mention of harmful effects of coffee in scripture. We rely on current knowledge to tell us it is not the best for our health. Current knowledge has allowed these 23 chromosomes to survive earlier and earlier, yet a woman's right to destroy that little human being has been extended up to birth, and possibly beyond when even comfort care can be denied that little human being. Abortion has become almost a sacred right.

The old fall back is "abortion is sad and I think it is wrong but I cant tell others what to do". It is a private matter so I will vote for abortion or support their right to do so

We tell women(men) what to do all the time. They cant starve their child, cause physical harm, leave them unattended, can be punished if they use harmful substances while carrying these chromosomes in the privacy of their own home.

I feel very comfortable with the official Seventh-day Adventist position on abortion.  I also feel very comfortable distinguishing between my religious beliefs and my political beliefs.  Some think my religious beliefs contradict my political beliefs but I feel comfortable with both and feel I am being consistent.

Statement on the Biblical View of Unborn Life and Its Implications for Abortion

• Like 2

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity