ClubAdventist is back!

Saddam To Swing

Dr. Shane

Quote:
How many of you saw the AP poll for the biggest HERO of 2006 ?

Any guess about WHO won the poll ?

All of you are right .... It was President George Bush .

This was the SAME POLL that listed GWB as the BIGGEST VILLAIN, way ahead of Bin Laden

GWB has polarized the USA - more than 60% think he is doing an awful job as president, and the rest think he is doing a great job.

/Bevin

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dr. Shane

• Robert

• Woody

• bevin

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it is safe to go with the minority.

Since Jesus Christ was FIFTH behind George Bush ... I would go with the Minority.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

Quote:
Another point was that WMD WAS found in Iraq. There were hundreds of missles with tons of Mustard Gas found in Iraq. Mustard Gas is a WMD

Cites needed - I know there were some small quantities of stuff found, not the huge amounts you are quoting here

All the indications were that they were tiny amounts lost track of by the Iraqi's from the huge arsenal that they had previously had and which they had almost completely destroyed

/Bevin

I think you are right Bevin. The amount found was "considered" small. To them tons of mustard gas is a small amount.

I don't have the cites. I am going by memory. But, I do remember them saying as you ... that it was far less than they expected.

However the fact remains that they DID find WMD. Just not as much as expected.

I believe in Hematology.

President Bush does what he believes is right and doesn't care about polls or his legacy. He believes he is above defending himself against his critics. Thus he does what he believes is best and lets his critics define him.

The war in Iraq is what has driven Bush's approval ratings down. The economy has been booming. The Dow Jones is at an all-time high. Private home ownership is at an all-time high (for the first time ever the majority of racial minorities own homes). Except for fuel costs, inflation has not spiraled out of control and even fuel costs have come down some. Crime has been down - it hasn't been this low since 1969. The budget deficit has even started shrinking in spirte of the expensive war in Iraq. Americans are comfortable.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

Over 500 WMDs have been discovered in Iraq. These were pre-1991 WMDs. The idea that the Iraqis lost track of them was SPIN that leftest liberals put out there but no government that has WMDs is going to lose track of them. It would take someone completely disfimilar with the way a military inventories their weapons to believe such a thing.

Here is the link >>> Report: Hundreds of WMDs Found in Iraq

Thank you for the quote Shane.

I am glad that my memory is not totally gone.

I knew they found tons of mustard gas in hundreds of missles but did not know where to prove it.

Thanks,

REDWOOD

I believe in Hematology.

However defectors from Iraq, including some of Saddam's family, had led the world to believe he had resumed WMD programs during the '90s and that is a major reason we went to war. There has been no evidence made public that he did resume any such programs so it is unlikely he did.

These were NOT rockets. They were mostly rusting artillery shells with a few pounds of decayed gas in each.

Even Bush himself did not tout this claim.

This cite does NOT support Redwood's claim.

Anyone who thinks that armies can track hundreds of thousands of artillery shells while at war doesn't understand logistics or war.

Heck - the USA has lost track of hundreds of millions of dollars worth of the stuff we have sent to Iraq.

/Bevin

The news article that the link goes to is well written. It is well balanced and fair. No SPIN is needed.

"The weapons are thought to be manufactured before 1991 so they would not be proof of an ongoing WMD program in the 1990s. But they do show that Saddam Hussein was lying when he said all weapons had been destroyed, and it shows that years of on-again, off-again weapons inspections did not uncover these munitions."

"'This does not reflect a capacity that was built up after 1991,' the official said, adding the munitions 'are not the WMDs this country and the rest of the world believed Iraq had, and not the WMDs for which this country went to war.'"

Saddam did lie, weapons inspections didn't work, but those were not the stockpiles the Iraqi defectors led us to believe he had. No SPIN in there about Saddam's military being so incompentant that they had lost track of the WMDs. I don't think Saddam had Gomer Pile or Homer Simpson in charge of his military.

Originally Posted By: Robert
But from God's point of view you and Saddam are equally guilty and deserve the 2nd death. Food for thought.

Rob

Correct -- with one MIGHTY difference. You and I have accepted the death of Jesus in our place. Did Saddam? If he had, then this death would not matter. Beryl

But, according to the law, we still fall short of God's agape love and therefore, if it weren't for Christ, the law would condemn us to death.

Look, we go on about what Saddam did, but really we (the US) are no better than he is. If a group of armed men tried to overthrow the government in the states don't you know the US would put lead into them. The only difference is that the US probably wouldn't go after their families in the way Saddam did.

Having said that, do you know that in US our government has endorsed the murder of over 47,282,923 lives from 1973 to 2004. Its called abortion! So before you go stating what a righteous cause we are doing in Iraq, look in our own back yard.

If you contrast Saddam's deeds to ours, we indeed look like the great Satan. And we don't do it because these infants pose a threat to us; we do it out of pure greed because that life is in the way of our prosperity. Am talking about abortion as birth control....

Enough said,

Robert

Quote:
we go on about what Saddam did, but really we (the US) are no better than he is

I think if we are going to look at civil rights, the US record is much better than Saddam's, especially over the past 30 years.

Quote:
our government has endorsed the murder of over 47,282,923 lives from 1973 to 2004. Its called abortion!

Muslims may well be able to spin our abortion policy into making us look like the great satan. While abortion in the US does need to be regulated more, nations that ban it, like Mexico and Kenya, still have despart women having them. Some studies show that the abortion rates in nations where it is illegal is not significantly different than nations where it is legal.

The economy has been booming. The Dow Jones is at an all-time high.

Shane, indeed you have your head in the sand.

The middle class is losing ground fast. Bush is selling out American so that his corporate buddies can make zillions. Everything that can be outsourced will be (even Doctors). You can't compete in a Global Market unless the ground rules are the same. The poor in other countries are exploited and it's the US doing it. Another righteous deed!

Bush is a hypocrite because he is in bed with the Communist in China. They hold down the people while pocketing vast sums of money to build their military. Hence security in this nation is joke. Terrorist can easily come over the Mexican/us border because again Bush is watching out for his corporate buddies. There's money to be made and it ain’t for the masses.

I know you'll go in to denial mode. So be it. Try not to get to much sand in your ears.

Robert

Quote:
Quote:
our government has endorsed the murder of over 47,282,923 lives from 1973 to 2004. Its called abortion!

Some studies show that the abortion rates in nations where it is illegal is not significantly different than nations where it is legal.

Hey...get the sand out of your ears and eyes....Get your head out of the sand!

What did I say? The US government ALLOWS abortion....They endorse the murder of infants. Saddam pales in comparison. Would you like those numbers of murdered infants again?

Now who needs hanging?

Robert

This is the reason we have somewhat of a democracy here. Saddam is a good example of what can happen when one man has most or all of the power.

Please don't forget it is this Nation that will impose the death penalty on Christians some day in the near future. It will be done out of greed and national security/fear.

• Moderators

What seems to be emerging about the way Saddam died is that the nature of it will serve to deal another blow to Bush's atempts to bring peace and security to Iraq. Even in death its seems Saddam will frustrate GWB.

Check this out:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/6221751.stm

Saddam stands there on the trapdoor, with the noose being tightened around his neck by one of the four executioners, their faces covered by balaclavas, the shouting starts up among the group of official witnesses.

At first you can hear a Shia version of an Islamic prayer being called out.

Saddam Hussein was, of course, a Sunni Muslim, and all this was unquestionably intended as a sectarian insult.

Then the same voice starts calling out the name of the leading Shia cleric Moqtada al-Sadr. Sadr, the formal leader of the Mehdi Army, was an open enemy of Saddam.

Saddam is not intimidated by any of this, and repeats Moqtada Sadr's name disdainfully, as if to say he doesn't count for very much.

Then his gruff, rasping voice can be heard saying to the onlookers "Is this manly behaviour?"

But someone calls out "You're going to hell."

One of the witnesses, concerned about all this, says "Keep quiet - he's just about to die."

The people I spoke to, who seemed to be Sunni Muslims, were shocked by it.

They also appeared to be distinctly nervous that the video would sharpen the already serious sectarian divide here.

Under Saddam Hussein, prisoners were regularly taunted and mistreated in their last hours. For many of them, death must have come as a relief.

But the most disturbing thing about the new video of Saddam's execution for crimes precisely like this, is that it is all much too reminiscent of what used to happen here.

It is going to be increasingly difficult for the government of Nouri Maliki to convince Sunni Arabs here that Saddam's execution was not merely an act of retaliation.

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

The Sunni Arabs believe in their culture that Retaliation is a just and fair religious right.

It is practiced by Sunnis all over Iraq every day.

I believe in Hematology.

Radical muslims will use anything they can against their enemies. I wouldn't be surprised if they blame America for sand storms too.