ClubAdventist is back!

Why Believing in the Trinity Makes Christmas Possible

phkrause

• Members

A very interesting article! Not sure I agree with everything she wrote!!

Although the word Trinity isn’t found in Scripture, it’s essential for Christians to believe in it, especially at Christmas. Dismissing the Trinity takes away the reason we celebrate the birth of Jesus because, without it, there is no Salvation for humankind.

https://www.crosswalk.com/special-coverage/christmas-and-advent/why-believing-in-the-trinity-makes-christmas-possible.html?

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

I can believe that Yehovah our God, beget a Son in His "express image," WITHOUT believing that my God is a Trinity of three co-equal beings.  

Yeshua was not born on December 25th anyway.   More likely conceived at Hanukah, and born on or close to Feast of Trumpets.    "Light of the World" came into the world at the Festival of Lights.  

Elizabeth (Mary's cousin, and the wife of priest Zachariah) was six months along with her son (who became John the Baptist), when the angel came to Mary.  (Luke 1:36)

King David had divided the priesthood into 24 "courses."  Each course came up to serve at the Temple for 2 weeks during the year, and during the Feast days.  (1Chron Chapter 24).   The 8th "course" was the clan of Abijah (1Chron 24:10).  Zacharias belonged to this division (Luke 1:5). 

According to the ancient schedule, he would have served during the two weeks before Pentecost.  Luke says that he was serving "in the order of his division." (Luke 1:8).   He would have returned home in the week following Pentecost, and with Elizabeth, conceived John.   That puts John's birth at or close to, Purim.   That puts the 6th month of her pregnancy at Hanukah.   

If Yeshua was conceived in Mary at or close to, Hanukah, then His birth would fall on or close to Feast of Trumpets. 

8thdaypriest

On 12/18/2023 at 2:41 PM, phkrause said:

A very interesting article! Not sure I agree with everything she wrote!!

Although the word Trinity isn’t found in Scripture, it’s essential for Christians to believe in it, especially at Christmas. Dismissing the Trinity takes away the reason we celebrate the birth of Jesus because, without it, there is no Salvation for humankind.

https://www.crosswalk.com/special-coverage/christmas-and-advent/why-believing-in-the-trinity-makes-christmas-possible.html?

Well, you posted something about the Trinity I can agree with here. 

Is the author of that article an SDA? If so the church needs to replicate her with velocity. The general stuff I'm seeing from the likes of Doug B and the other well known SDA t.v. preachers is total heresy. 

• 1 month later...
  • Members

As far as I know she is not a SDA

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}